Amber not showing any widget poster on VIDEOS?
Hi,

I've installed amber on my OSMC on a Raspberry Pi.

Unfortunately, after scraping my library (I can get to my videos through navigation, it properly scraped genres, years etc.), I'm not seeing any widget poster.
I was expecting to see something like "Recently added videos" on the screen as soon as I select VIDEOS or MOVIES on the horizontal menu bar, showing a video preview icon for each video:

But my screen is completely empty, only the background image for VIDEOS is shown.

According to this thread, it is possible to set up Widget Poster elements for Estuary in the "~/.kodi/addons/skins.estuary_mod/xml/Home.xml" file:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=372448

I notice that my "~/.kodi/addons/skins.amber/" directory contains no "xml/" subdirectly, hence no "Home.xml".

Is it the right way to create one? Copy & paste from my estuary settings?
Or does Amber have a different way of defining the widge posters?
Also, I hope I'm getting Amber's potentials right:

In the above screenshot, I expect a Keydown to cause a switch of the RECENTLY ADDED widget line to the next line, e.g. "RECENTLY WATCHED" or "HOLIDAY VIDEOS", or "BIRTHDAY VIDEOS" etc...

I hope Amber can really do this?
OK, finally got it working by adding the so-called shelves.

The default "Shelve 1" item is confusing, suggesting that something is already there, rather than shelve 1 needs to be set up.

But I was able to add multiple shelves, just like I wanted.

Seems to be much easier than in Estuary. Much more user-friendly, allowing you to set up the shelves through the GUI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber not showing any widget poster on VIDEOS?0