Linux Unable to Install kodi-visualization-projectm
I have Kodi installed on an Ubuntu computer with Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS.  I installed from the team-xbmc repository -- not the Ubuntu package.  My Kodi version is 12.1.

Ever since I upgraded to Kodi 12 I have not been able to install kodi-visualization-projectm.  I get a message that it does not exist:
Quote:~$ sudo apt install kodi-visualization-projectm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package kodi-visualization-projectm
However, according to the ppa webpage https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...&start=150 the package is available in the ppa.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm getting the unable to locate error?
latest kodi version is 20, i dont know how old 12 is....

your console output does not show you did a "sudo apt update" first, did you?

paste your sources.list and sources.list.d/* to paste.kodi.tv so they may be inspected
Because projectM package didn't build (see logs here).
I opened a thread back in october regarding this, maybe this is the wrong sub-forum for this issue.

I just cloned the projectM repo from git. It builds and works fine with kodi 20 Smile
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
12 was an error.  Kodi is the latest version.
Good info.  Thanks.

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you clone the GitHub repo to install in Kodi?
(2023-03-21, 21:00)SoCalMichael Wrote: Good info.  Thanks.

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do you clone the GitHub repo to install in Kodi?

thats not how that works.

here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBy1zgt0XPc

(you are the duck in that video right now)
Sometimes one can also say it more nicely:
- Kodi supports python addons, which don't need to be compiled and can easily be integrated
- Kodi also supports binary addons, these need to be build compatible to the currently running kodi and installed in the system properly so that kodi finds them and can use them

projectm is the latter.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to Install kodi-visualization-projectm0