searching files
hello,
I'm new to using Kodi, find it great. I wonder if there is a way to search video files by name in a HDD folder. I can't find it in the interface.
@magellan1492 - welcome, hopefully we can help you out and get you started.

Kodi can work in two ways, either using the files menu to just look at your raw sources (network drives or local drives) or you can use the library mode by scraping those sources to give you the more full and rich metadata-driven experience.

If you use video library (wiki) mode then all your different sources will be combined into that one library, so everything is available in alphabetical order and you can just pick from that.

In either mode though you can open the side blade menu bar and in there you will find a search option which allows you to search through all of your sources. To get that, open either your videos, movies or TV shows section from the main menu and then press cursor left or M (or left on your remote).

There is also the global search addon that you can find in the program addons section of the official (built-in) repo, which does what it says on the tin and gives you a one-stop shop search for your library.

Does that cover what you are looking for? Generally the wiki is a good place to look up stuff to help get things rolling - some of the links in my sig below may be of interest as a new starter...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
searching files0