Solved Various crash to desktop
Hi, I'm having a lot of issues with crashes to desktop. I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 (Elementary OS 6.1)

Sometimes they are random, sometimes I can recreate them every time (like in the log below).
It could be watching a video, or simply browsing the menu. I find that if I leave Kodi running and do not use the PC for a while that Kodi has closed by the time I return.

This log https://paste.kodi.tv/oyekeyelez.kodi is the result of open Kodi and attempting to the load the Youtube plugin immediately. If I wait about 30 seconds it is fine.

Thanks.
does kodi crash without loads of addons installed?

if yes, post a Debug Log without them so we dont have to sift through spam in the log

if no, eliminate an addon 1 at a time until you find out which addon and then it can be focused on

hint:

close kodi
open terminal

Code:
mv ~/.kodi ~/.kodi-backup

start kodi, observe results
Please upgrade to 20.1 first - we fixed some unicode related crashes which might explain the issue at hand.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Cool, I'll try the update first.
Fixed, upgrading to the latest version seemed to made it stable. Thanks for your help.
Thread marked solved.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various crash to desktop0