Sound sync and Closed Caption issues with PVR addon
I have two issues with the most recent version of Kodi (20.1) and the PVR (20.9.1). Both of these issues have been around a while, however. I don't know if they are related: 1) The sound on certain channels (ABC, for example) is always about 350 ms behind the video (both recordings and live TV) (I need to set the offset to be 350 ms ahead to be in sync). But this does not happen on all channels (CBS is OK), only some. 2) The closed captions do not usually show up on any channels, however, this is random, occasionally they work. Sometimes if if stop and start (or restart) the same recording, they will show up and work fine until the end of the show.

What is most strange is that neither of these issues happen with HDHOMERUN app on the same devices. The sound is always in sync and captions always work with HDHOMERUN app. I have two test configurations with the same issues on both: 1) a smart SONY TV where kodi and HDHOMERUN are installed on the TV and 2) a Firestick connected to a different TV with both Kodi and HDHOMERUN app installed the the Firestick.

@djp952 suggested I post this issue here as be believes this is a Kodi issue and not an issue with his dvr addon.
To be clear, I'm using the Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client by Michael Brehm @djp952 not the one by Zoltan Csizmadia
Can someone please advise on this post? Further experiments show that the audio sync issue in Kodi only appears to be on ABC, other networks are fine. The closed caption bug seems to have no relationship to any particular network. Sometimes they show up, sometimes not. Sometimes the first line shows up and gets "stuck" on the screen. Neither of these problems happen in the HDHOMERUN app on the same devices.
A logfile for when viewing a recording that has the audio and caption problem may be found at https://paste.kodi.tv/anasaputaf
I've been struggling with audio sync issues on my Shield with both the Unofficial and the other HDHomerun PVR.... I think I resolved it today.

In settings for Kodi, go to audio, and turn on audio passthrough, and select everything (except for Dolby Transcoding option) and then restart Kodi. I just tried it and everything seems to be working now. Once in awhile it buffers a little but it catches back up now, which is better than I was experiencing before.

If you're not running a Shield, YMMV, but it's worth a shot playing with those settings to see if they fix it for you.
Can someone please finish this for me... I am.just learning to code but I want to creat this addon... I wanna call.it Joe Knows....

This code is used to create a new playlist called 'MergedM3UPlaylist.m3u' from all existing playlists. It first imports the 'xbmc', 'xbmcgui' and 'xbmcaddon' modules which are used to access the playlists. Then it defines the addon name and ID, and creates a class called MergeM3UPlaylist which inherits from xbmcgui.WindowXML. In the init function, it creates a list for selecting channels and gets the list of playlists. In the onInit function, it adds all channels from all playlists to the select list. In the onClick function, it adds all selected channels to the new playlist and saves it. Finally, it notifies the user that the new playlist has been created.

This is the code as is... Please help??

import xbmc
import xbmcgui
import xbmcaddon

#Define addon name and ID
addon_name = 'MergeM3UPlaylist'
addon_id = 'script.merge.m3u.playlist'

#Define class for GUI
class MergeM3UPlaylist(xbmcgui.WindowXML):
def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
xbmcgui.WindowXML.__init__(self)
self.select_list = []
self.playlists = []

def onInit(self):
#Create list for selecting channels
self.select_list = self.getControl(6)
self.select_list.reset()
#Get list of playlists
self.playlists = xbmc.PlayList.getPlayLists()
#Add all channels from all playlists
for pl in self.playlists:
for i in pl:
self.select_list.addItem(i.getLabel())

def onClick(self, controlID):
if controlID == 1: #Cancel button
self.close()
elif controlID == 2: #OK button
#Get list of selected channels
selected_list = self.select_list.getSelectedItems()
#Create new m3u playlist
new_playlist = xbmc.PlayList(xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO)
#Add all selected channels to the new playlist
for i in selected_list:
new_playlist.add(i.getLabel(), i.getProperty('Path'))
#Save the new playlist
new_playlist.save('special://profile/playlists/video/MergedM3UPlaylist.m3u')
#Notify user that the new playlist has been created
xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(addon_name, 'Merged M3U playlist successfully created!')
self.close()

#Initialize the addon
if __name__ == '__main__':
MergeM3UPlaylist('merge_m3u_playlist.xml', xbmcaddon.Addon(addon_id).getAddonInfo('path'), 'default', '1080i')
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunAddon(%s)' % addon_id)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound sync and Closed Caption issues with PVR addon0