20.1 Freezing on logout when using advancedsettings.xml
I'm a bit stumped here.  Ever since upgrading to Kodi 20, I am having issues with sql.  Kodi logs in fine and updated the db when I watch a video/tv show and everything seems normal until I logout.  Once I click the logout, kodi immediately freezes.  No additional lines in the log (even with verbose all the way up).  When I force quit kodi and then open it back up, It has me logged in to the Master profile instead of the one I was logged into.  I can log out of it and log into the profile I was in and everything seems normal again until I try to log out.  Logs show I am connected to nick-movies and nick-music schemas just as intended.  I tried dropping the tables and letting kodi recreate them, same result.  I also tried removing the <name> tag and letting it create the basic movies121 db (which won't be an option for me but wanted to test), same result.  If I delete the advancedsettings.xml file from that profile and restart then everything logs out just fine.  Is anyone else experiencing this? Here is my file

python:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.xx.xx</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>*******</pass>
    <name>nick-movies</name>
  </videodatabase> 
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.1.64</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>*******</pass>
    <name>nick-music</name>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>
Probably need to post up a debug-enabled log to paste.kodi.tv to get a better handle on what's going on.

scott s.
Thanks for the reply.  

I have been fighting with the "experimental" SQL settings for the past 3 years with new issues arising every new iteration of kodi.  I finally gave up and redid everything using smart playlists instead of having a different DB for each profile.  We will see how it goes.  Thanks again.
(2023-03-23, 19:06)nolos Wrote: Ever since upgrading to Kodi 20, I am having issues with sql. 
(2023-03-26, 04:15)nolos Wrote: I have been fighting with the "experimental" SQL settings for the past 3 years with new issues arising every new iteration of kodi. 

What are/were you using as your SQL database server, and on what platform? Kodi's settings for using MySQL are pretty straight forward, there is not much wiggle room for errors there. I'm using profiles and a MySQL server on Linux since the early days, and so far, Kodi settings have not been an issue.
I was using MySQL before. Various versions over the years.  They work for a while and then there's an updated version of Kodi and the DB won't update or it breaks something during the db during the db update and I have to start everything over.  

This year I, after another issue, I decided to start using MariaDB since I had to rebuild everything anyway.  Worked fine for a bit and the My linux kodi updated and so I rushed to update all the other machines since it messes it all up if I try to use SQL when on 2 different versions of kodi.  I'm running maridb 10.11.12

After getting everything done, it started locking up kodi everytime I attemped to log out or exit kodi.  I uninstalled kodi, reinstalled, dropped all the DBs and redid them.  No luck.  I do have a side-note question with these smart playlists though.  

Both my wife and I watch a show.  She is on a different episode then I am.  If I am on episode 5 of 10, and I go add the show to her folder, it doesn't show 2 of that show.  Shouldn't I see the show in my smartlist with MY statuses of watched episodes and see the show in her smartlist with different watched statuses?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
20.1 Freezing on logout when using advancedsettings.xml0