Alpha wadeysay: What Did They Say?
(2023-03-26, 01:42)paul.j.ghosh Wrote: How did you know that subtitle 26 is english for the foreign parts only?

I never know which sub is which unfortunately.  I do know when I look at the list of subs in ARGO, two are English.  So, I only have two subs to review.  This movie is easy.  One is full subs and the other is foreign only.  The only way I know this is to play each sub and preview it. 

Sometimes a sub can be for hearing impaired which I have no interest.  Sometimes a sub can be a director's comments during playback, again no interest.  Sometimes a sub can be foreign language(s) spoken words only - this is the one I always desire.  Sometimes a sub can be a full sub of all the dialect minus the hearing impaired additions - this is the one I want wadeysay to switch to when needed. 

Other times, there are no desirable subs on a disc at all and I resort to subscene and d/l the proper .srt.  Applying a .srt to iso playback is a challenge in external players like MPC.  There is a lot of navigating to select the .srt because those players only list the PGS subs on the iso aka disc.  But using Kodi, it's simpler because Kodi not only shows all the PGS subs in the iso... it also shows external subs aka .srt's.  Sometimes I just grab an .srt for the sub I want rather than review all the PGS subs available in the iso.  Lastly, .srt subs are much easier to work with than PGS especially placement, color, etc.  But for brief moments of foreign displays only, I don't mind PGS.

I should also mention, your app switches external .srt subs very well.  For instance, I have a title.  Can't remember which one I tested though.  It has a bunch of PGS subs and two .srt subs.  One .srt was defaulted as a foreign only.  The other sub was a full.  I used wadeysay and it switched properly between those two and I tried it multiple times.  Those .srt files had funky naming that didn't match the name of the title fwiw.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 
I started writing before you edited your post...so

My suggestion is to get external subtitles for forced english as desired.  For ARGO just get a forced english subtitle.  Name it correctly: with en.forced.srt at the end.  Select it and enable it.  Now wadeysay should find the DVD full english subtitle as it's index is smaller than the DVD forced english subtitle.

Let me know how it goes with ARGO.
@brazen1 

Here is another thought...  Is the default subtitle enabled at start usually the forced subtitle?  If yes, I can add an option to treat VIDEO_TS or VIDEO_TS.IFO files with default subtitle enabled as forced enabled.
(2023-03-26, 03:52)paul.j.ghosh Wrote: @brazen1 

Here is another thought...  Is the default subtitle enabled at start usually the forced subtitle?  If yes, I can add an option to treat VIDEO_TS or VIDEO_TS.IFO files with default subtitle enabled as forced enabled.

Here's the deal.  I can set every title I have to default to a specific external .srt OR internal PGS.  Problem is, when I rebuild Kodi, those specific defaults are all lost.  We're talking over 1000 titles fwiw.  Maybe someone knows how to save that specific status to apply to fresh installs?

I used to use .nfo's.  Then I would manually edit the tagline to read which sub to choose in the skin synopsis.  That was a hassle.  Then I used sub details in the title naming and I'd just look up the title in the info window to know which sub to choose.  Then some titles didn't even have the sub(s) I needed so I was spinning my wheels.  So, after all the trial and error, I've just been getting .srt's and selecting it/them when I start playback since there's no guesswork or referring to notes.  It also makes it easier when I use an external player although applying is a small tedious nightmare.

To make matters worse, I use my foreign only .srt's for solo viewing.  This is what I prefer be default.  But I often have guests that require full subs.  So, I manually select the full sub for them which of course becomes the new default because I don't change back to the original foreign sub.

So, any title with foreign parts also requires a full sub that includes foreign parts which means some titles require two .srt's.  This means I can't match both subs file name to the title file name.  But now I will name them a bit more proper by using NameOfFileTitle.en.forced.srt you suggested and the full sub named NameOfFileTitle.en.full.srt. 

So, I don't really know how to answer if the default sub is the forced one... only that it's the one I prefer. 

I did get a foreign only .srt sub for ARGO, named it, and applied it as default.  Checked its playback which was accurate.  Then applied wadeysay which skipped back 20secs, and applied the full PGS sub until it reached the time frame I applied it or thereabouts.  As expected, the full PGS sub reverted back to the external foreign only .srt.  I'd say that's pretty perfect.  Thank you for working on this with me.

It would be great if all the default subs that are manually set in Kodi could be retrieved so their status could be applied to fresh installs.  Perhaps it already exists but I wouldn't know.

This app works great using Kodi but dare I ask if wadeysay could be applied to MPC player(s) somehow?  I launch MPC-BE/HC via the playercorefactory.xml Kodi provides.

Lastly, sorry for the delayed feedback.  I've been completely redoing my keymaps for Kodi, MPC, and madVR since @Karellen turned me on to "L".  They were all a mess and begged to get redone.  Thank you again for your attentive support.  Appreciate ya' and the others here.  What a great community!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
03.26.23: 00.11-alpha
* bug fix for current forced and audio/forced lang differ
Hi, i am unable to get this addon to work. everthing is configured and this is my keymap, but i still can't make it work when pressing the button to activate.

<keymap>
  <Global>
    <mouse>
 <!--     <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown> --> <!-- Remove arrows to enable global volume control -->
 <!--     <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup> --> <!-- Remove arrows to enable global volume control -->
    </mouse>
  </Global>
  <FullScreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </FullScreenVideo>
  <FullScreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="61487">runaddon(script.wadeysay)
      </key>
    </keyboard>
  </FullScreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </VideoMenu>
  <VideoOSD>
    <mouse>
    </mouse>
  </VideoOSD>
 <Visualisation>
    <mouse>
      <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </Visualisation>
  <MusicOSD>
    <mouse>
    </mouse>
  </MusicOSD>
  <SlideShow>
    <mouse>
      <wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </SlideShow>
</keymap>
i got it to work. there need to be a subtitle file downloaded in order for it to work. i assumed it would download the subtitle file own its own. still a very nice addon to have.

thank you
@browntigerz - Glad to hear you got it to work.  You are correct - it is beyond the capabilities of this addon to actually get subtitles.
Seems stable enough from the reports so far - removed password on download page.
Next step - figure out what all is involved to get it into the Kodi addon repository...
(2023-03-25, 19:25)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2023-03-25, 19:15)paul.j.ghosh Wrote: Eventually I'll submit it for inclusion in the kodi repository of addons and put the code up on github for language translations.  At this time I am hoping enough people try it so that I can consider it stable.

That is great to hear! Kodi repo can always use some fresh concepts... You should consider placing your code on git, The great thing about FOSS... the community can help improve and make your code stable.

submitted pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/2431
Good news!  The addon has been merged into the Kodi Addon Repository!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wadeysay: What Did They Say?0