Rename series from syyyy to sxx?
Hi,

I have a couple of seasons of a series where some of the have the name SxxExx while some have SyyyyExx. it seems like DBTV v4 want SxxExx so what tools could solves this problem? Right now I only see series that got the SxxExx format and it seems like in this case S2009 is really S01.
(2023-03-28, 00:48)snowjim Wrote: I have a couple of seasons of a series where some of the have the name SxxExx while some have SyyyyExx
If you are using TVDB scraper, then you should leave it as SyyyyExx. Many shows at TVDB use this format, so check it applies to your show.
TMDB does not use this format, which makes it difficult to easily swap between scraper sites.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was using TMDB TV Shows and TMDB Movie database, I change the TV scraper to The TVDB v4 and this seems to be able to add more series to Kodi but it also broke Pawn Stars, only one season is now shown in Kodi and its s2009(s01) which did not where visible with the TMDB TV show scraper before.

So what scrapers should I use and how to i change the naming to fit this scraper?
(2023-03-28, 10:19)snowjim Wrote: only one season is now shown in Kodi and its s2009(s01)
Because that is the way it is named at TVDB... https://thetvdb.com/series/pawn-stars#seasons which is why I asked you to check.
Which means you need to name S02 as S2010E01, S03 as S2011E01 etc
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, any suggestions on how to rename all the files properly? I susepct somekind of external tool but did not find anything good at first search.
(2023-03-28, 12:01)snowjim Wrote: any suggestions on how to rename all the files properly
I use Bulk Rename Utility... https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/
But if you haven't used it before, there may be a bit of a learning curve for the first time.
My Signature
Thanks! that worked well. BUT what scraper should I really use? It seems like most webpages I find have the SxxExx format of the Pawn Stars, for example IMDB and the old scraper. TheTvDb.com got SyyyyExx and that means that I need to rename a lot? Can I be sure that theTvDb is the way to go so I don't have to rename back later again?
@snowjim

For movies, you should use The Movie Database- Python scraper.

For TV Shows, you need to decide which site is your primary provider- either TMDB or TVDB.
If using TVDB use TheTVDB v4 scraper
If using TMDB use TMDB TV Shows scraper

As to which one you should use, its up to you and the type of tv shows you have. Many users state that TVDB has better info for older tv shows, as it has been around longer.
But you should check both sites, then use whichever scraper provides the better info.

You can set one scraper for your entire source, then you can set another scraper for individual tv shows and movies, by finding the tv show in your Source, then selecting Change Content from the context menu.

Of course you have hit on the one stumbling block that makes swapping and changing scrapers difficult for some shows. TVDB uses the year for the Season number for some shows. TMDB does not do this.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rename series from syyyy to sxx?0