Solved Quick Question to Developer or Someone Smart, Re No Channels Found
Hello Again. 
Todays Question, On Every Restart, i am getting there are no Channels and PTVL wants to do a scan. The Channels are all there though. If i go into Channel Manager all the channels are numbered red. 
I can edit a Channel, and do a save and rebuild, but still "No Channels Found" I ignore the message and off it goes and rebuilds all my channels.
With my 105 Channels it takes some time to rebuild and if you muck around with kodi while there is a channel rebuild going on, it's a 50/50 if Kodi crashes or not.
So ATM I am waiting around 15 to 20 minutes before i can use kodi.

Basically, is there a switch somewhere in a file, to tell PTVL the channels are fine, don't scan or make it turn all the red numbers to white.

Thoughts/Ideas?
Cheers.
(2023-03-28, 04:09)OzDrDj Wrote: Hello Again.  Todays Question ...

Please stop using the "Information" prefix on your newly created forum threads for extra attention.
That prefix is not applicable to standard (quick) questions on the functionality of Kodi.
Ok, but i was after information. I guess that tag means the post is supplying information, My Bad, Sorry.
But isn't that what the tages are there for, to grab attention. If not, why are they there? 
Regardless, won't happen again.
(2023-03-28, 04:09)OzDrDj Wrote: "No Channels Found"
rebuilds all my channels
50/50 Kodi crashes
15 to 20 minutes before i can use kodi

Sounds like everything is working as intended...
Forget it, I am going to delete everything and start again with the new versions of everything. i can see this being a big problematic effort. with 1 bug found already, but i'll leave that for another post.
If you insist..

I will not consider going back to PTVL for at least a few years and I'm glad I made the decision to downgrade as all of my desired add-ons and skins were available for 18.9 in a refined state.

Channel sharing is available using the old version but as far as Google drive stuff I'm not sure, I run an offline version from external hard drive and I like to have everything available when there's internet outages.

I've had no crashes, no weird bugs and the channels take seconds to build.

Hope you're able to get it working again, but I'm relieved this is something I don't need to deal with anymore.
Hey there Relentless.

I get it, I get sick of mucking about with this thing everyday, but I guess it is in Development so you gotta persevere, and keep trying.
I have a working-ish version on Matrix. In between It Crashing, every once and awhile it works fine. (and i have that backed up on 3 different drives so i never lose it again)
I Wiped Kodi and did a fresh install yesterday, and did a full rebuild with the latest PTVL. It all works but there is a few new bugs in it. 
So far today, I am four hours in rewriting my channels list and am only up to channel 28 out of 110, If that gives you an idea.
Im almost ready to go back to the old version again. lol
Cheers
100+ channels sounds like a huge setup!
I'm using 35 and I plan to add maybe another 10 but I'm pretty happy with the current amount.
How are you using Kodi on 5 devices if you don't mind me asking?

I have noticed a lot of updates lately, which is a good sign. Maybe Lunatixz will discover some of these problems and solve them in time.

It's painful having consistent problems but you're making progress at least, it'll be greatly satisfying when you finally get everything working the way you want.
Hello Relentless,
I have probably 50 or so local channels. My Main coomputer and server has 28tb of drives, hosting 3894 movies and 298 TV Shows growing daily. So, my PTVL has Channels for my fav sitcoms, classic movies, a few channels for seperate tv shows, documentary channels, action, drama etc. The rest which I keep adding to like a junkie, are streaming channels from youtube. I have my own music video channel, and a couple of others from the tube, Plus things like dash cam australia, nats cooking channel, judge judy, most amazing top 10, movie previews, things like that. 
I have just started mucking about with live streams also. so i can see me hitting 150 pretty soon. hahaha.

As for the 5 systems, I keep kodi running and updated on the server, and use Free File Sync, to sync the Userdata folders with all the other machines. It may be a weird way to do it, but it works well for me and only takes a minute or 2 to sync them all up.

The updates, i have a love hate relationship with. There are some great new features, but I have encountered a few errors, which have caused me to jump back to Ver .38 for now. One fault, is the channels not storing properly in the letest version, causing kodi to rebuild the channel list constantly, and with my streaming channels, My API KEY for youtube broke, with a user quota exceeded message. That stopped me from using You Tube, Something that never occured to me at all. But I guess Lunatix will sort that out soon.

I also just started a Facebook page for PTVL, which i will advertise on here if anyone wants to join. Maybe just for quick questions and updates. I don;t know if it is a good idea but time will tell. Will make you a moderator.

Cheers
Very nice setup, that amount of movies is mind blowing..
I went for an emulated Foxtel setup, I have about 150 shows from the mid 2000s and 2010s and only a couple modern ones.
It's been a bit difficult trying to categorise everything, since many networks changed their lineups over time and because I enjoy a bit of everything I've struggled to organise some shows which aired on the same network in different time periods.
For example cartoon network had the cartoon-cartoon era and then the modern era with shows like Lazlo/Flapjack.
Another difficulty is the varying themes of shows and my personal preferences.
I seperate serious anime like Gundam/Trigun from westernised anime like DBZ/Pokemon, intense cooking shows like Kitchen Nightmares/Diner's drive-ins and dives from formal cooking shows like River Cottage/Great British Bake Off, and Fox reality shows like Cops/Fear Factor from family-friendly Fox animated shows like Simpsons/Futurama/KOTH.
I made a 7mate channel just for American Dad/Family Guy and 2 sitcom channels probably going to 3 soon just because there's so much contrast between different shows.
I had to make 5 comedy channels to split stand up from Comedy Central serialized shows, animated, Australian comedy, in-person etc.

So you have multi room access to the same database then? That sounds awesome, can you watch different channels at the same time too? My setup is on a portable drive so I just copy my appdata folder and plug in the drive on my other pc.

I haven't really thought about integrating YouTube yet but that's a cool concept. Journey to the Microcosmos is a unique YouTube channel with enough content to qualify as a show/channel if you like that kinda stuff. I like dashcam Australia, I don't know how I would incorporate it into my setup though..
I just added a YT app when I want to go online but I'm trying to keep it offline mostly.
I also added a launcher for coinops frontend too and that works pretty well for games.

I saw your FB group post was shot down by Lunatixz, I don't think he meant to be offensive but there could be some confusion about whether you are affiliated with the development process. I think he said it's fine as long as you make it clear it's a fanpage.
I have to admit it certainly was interesting how quickly he responded to that after ignoring your bug reports and logs.. It's almost as if he's passive aggressive at times and doesn't actually intend to help certain users.
GDay Relentless,
Your setup sounds pretty awesome as well, I like the addition op the Coinops Launcher, never thought of that. I started mucking about with Coinops, just before I got right into working with PTVL, as such, for the last few weeks, everyday has been changing and switching and polishing and perfecting PTVL.
I finally got to speak to Lunatix today, and we sorted some things out. Hopefully, We will keep all well in the future. Now, Im on my way to change the name of the FB page, lol.
Cheers
OzDrDj
I saw, that's great news bud.
I think I'm on his ignore list because I didn't get any help from him in the support thread.
Kinda glad I sent my donation to team Kodi and not directly to a guy like that.

You can fully customise coinops but it takes a while to get used to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Question to Developer or Someone Smart, Re No Channels Found0