Win Can I add a metadata file to a dir of a TVShow to indicate which TMDB data I want?
I have a TV show in a directory ("Das Boot"). This is the 6 episode version of the 1981 "Das Boot movie".
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/156249-das...anguage=de

If I add it as TV show it is confused with the 2018 TV show
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/83936-das-...anguage=de

If I add it as movie, I see the 1981 movie version 6 times.

Is there a way to add a metadata file for the scraper, indicating which entry I want.
Something like a txt file where - for instance - I can specify the DB id, the preferred language etc.
I understand that I can configure some of those in the scraper's settings, but when I need to re-scan the library those individual settings are gone.

nfo files contain such metadata, but this is not exactly what I mean.
I want to provide a hint, which TMDB entry to use.
Offtopic: if someone could get/give me the option to edit my posts to fix typos, I'd very much appreciate.
(2023-03-29, 22:13)horstwalter Wrote: Is there a way to add a metadata file for the scraper, indicating which entry I want.
Yes, use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing
Or, if the wrong entry is in your library, press the Refresh button, and then pick the correct show from the offered list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thumbs Up 
Thanks a lot, in general it works. With some caveats. I have created a text file tvshow.nfo with a single line

• The language query part is ignored: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/156249-das...anguage=de
  • I order to update the content I had to change the content type, scan, change back to TV Show and scan again, All other options as "scan to library" failed to update.
  • The content now is correct, in English, but the correct show and episodes 
  • Using the scraper settings for that dir with German DE-DE did to help

Anyway, much better as other solutions, no messing around with the directory name etc.
(2023-03-29, 22:58)horstwalter Wrote: Thanks a lot, in general it works. With some caveats. I have created a text file tvshow.nfo with a single line

• The language query part is ignored: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/156249-das...anguage=de
  • I order to update the content I had to change the content type, scan, change back to TV Show and scan again, All other options as "scan to library" failed to update.
  • The content now is correct, in English, but the correct show and episodes 
  • Using the scraper settings for that dir with German DE-DE did to help

Anyway, much better as other solutions, no messing around with the directory name etc.
Specifying the language in the parsing nfo URL is not supported.  As you discovered, preferred language is set at the source or folder level.
(2023-03-29, 22:58)horstwalter Wrote:
You have the wrong language code appended. Should be =de-DE
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
"de" was the query string of TMDB in the browser, have tried the sublanguages as well, for me it does not make a difference ......

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the help!
(2023-03-29, 23:19)horstwalter Wrote: "de" was the query string of TMDB in the browser, have tried the sublanguages as well, for me it does not make a difference ......
Ok. I use English, so don't really play with languages, but when I think about it, the scraper language needs to be set to the language you want downloaded.
The link in the nfo file is just a pointer to the tv show or movie, nothing else.
If you have English set in the scraper, having the =de-DE does nothing.
My Signature
... and changing the language in the scraper to "de-de" together with the nfo file also does not work.
So neither the setting of the scraper nor the query string in the nfo file has any influence.

However, for me it is a step forward to see the right content a having it in English does not matter a lot me.
I only use German for our TV series as the description normally is better.
(2023-03-29, 23:49)horstwalter Wrote: ... and changing the language in the scraper to "de-de" together with the nfo file also does not work.
So neither the setting of the scraper nor the query string in the nfo file has any influence.
I just tested it, and it does for me.
Where are you changing your settings for the German language? Be specific.

(2023-03-29, 23:01)pkscout Wrote: Specifying the language in the parsing nfo URL is not supported.  As you discovered, preferred language is set at the source or folder level.
Oops, missed your post. Thanks.
My Signature
Yes, it works now in German.

It is a bit irritating:
I always have to change the content type to something other then TV Shows, scan, change it back to TV Shows, and scan again.
Only then it updates correctly.

(2023-03-30, 02:39)horstwalter Wrote: I always have to change the content type to something other then TV Shows, scan, change it back to TV Shows, and scan again.
Only then it updates correctly.
Then you are doing something wrong.

Your screenshot is not really helpful. Where did you access that Settings page?
Read here about settings. Sounds to me like you are adjusting settings in the wrong location... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TMDb_TV_Shows#Settings
My Signature
Under files I have the following context menu for the directory.
"Scan for new" does not change it
When I do "change content" and just change the language, it does not change.
When I change the content type and change it back to TV shows it rescans with the correct language, as demonstrated in the previous post

No idea what I am doing wrong .... 

(2023-03-30, 03:03)horstwalter Wrote: When I do "change content" and just change the language, it does not change.
That will most likely be the pickle cache.
Cache survives for 15 minutes. So if you are too quick in rescanning, you are re-using what was downloaded previously.

You can delete the \cache\ folder in the Kodi data folder (wiki)

If that is not it, then we have gone as far as we can without a Debug Log. Provide one that captures the scraping of your tv shows that go wrong.
My Signature
What I did:
  1. Open the log file, assuming there is only one file
  2. Changed the language in the scraper setting to see if something happens
I was assuming that I would see some loading or similar action from TMDB there, but nothing happens.
By just changing the setting nothing happens.

Using the context menu Scan to library I see
xml:

2023-03-30 17:15:49.838 T:10716 info <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
2023-03-30 17:15:49.850 T:10716 info <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 14 ms

but cannot actually learn what language or title is being used. Is there a way to enable a "verbose log" for the scrapers only?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I add a metadata file to a dir of a TVShow to indicate which TMDB data I want?0