Linux Episode Watched Status Not Kept When Updating Media File
Hi

I am using Kodi 20.1 (via CoreElec). In version 19 and before when upgrading an episode, say from web-dl to bluray, the watched status carried over. So even though the file name changed, if I had watched the episode already it stayed marked as watched. Since version 20 I notice that this no longer occurs and the episodes now appear as unwatched. Is this new behaviour intended, or am I experiencing a bug?
i think the bug was keeping the watch status in previous versions, refreshing should always remove the record from the database as it does in newer versions of kodi

if you wish to keep the record across movies or episodes i'd recommend using trakt to sync those based on their content rather than filename
(2023-03-31, 17:48)jepsizofye Wrote: i think the bug was keeping the watch status in previous versions, refreshing should always remove the record from the database as it does in newer versions of kodi

if you wish to keep the record across movies or episodes i'd recommend using trakt to sync those based on their content rather than filename
That was the behavior when updating movies. So I guess it makes sense that the behavior is now the same. Thanks
Hi, I have very similar issue. Please look at this thread.
I am on Windows and in previous versions I do nt think it was a bug as the status of the new file is initially unwatched.
Best regards, BiTeMeNoW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode Watched Status Not Kept When Updating Media File0