• 1(current)
KML2 Browser
hello,

i'm proud to present to you my kml browser.
browse all shoutcast streams online. very fast!
with an up to date shoutcast database.

download here:
webradio 2 / kml browser

<span style='color:red'>updated v0.11:</span>
fixed/added:
6/6
* better fonts copied from blueblack
31/5
* status dialogs (for playlists, downloads, error reporting)
* fixed most lockups
* cache dir moved to q:\scripts\simplekml\ (where also transparent gifs are stored)
* added mp3 description fadelabel
* removed "connecting..." message

30/5
* ntsc / pal compatability (hopefully works, let me know).
* transparent gifs! :d
* font fix (i included fonts)
* removed annoying dialogs?!

23/5
* better error handling
* fixed remote issues
* now exit by pressing (back) on controller or (menu) on remote
* updated required python libs

22/5
* cache dir moved to z:\\
* font size update
* code cleanup
* back keyaction fixed
* return to home on error
* escaped characters fix
* home.xml fix
* strings updated to webradio 2
* easy install (just copy the folders to your xbmc dir)

bugs:
* i cant use action_skip_next/previous to change next/previous page because these are already assigned to the playlist.
* unable to draw rectangles/lines

controller controls:
(a): select
(b): back
(back): exit
up: up
down: down
left: previous page
right: next page

remote controls:
(left) : previous page
(right): next page
(up): move up
(down): move down
(select): select/enter
(menu): exit

have fun!
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
wow! very nice. all it needs is a little cleanup with those colors and perfect.
looks good. i tried to get it to work but i just get a dialog box saying view list: sort by name and then it hangs.

any ideas?
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
it is because there had to be a directory q:\\scripts\\cache\\
this is fixed in the new version
greets,

zilvershadow
looking nice! Smile
looks promising. it starts fine but i don't get any texts displayed. and i did copy the supplied strings.xml to my box tho i renamed the folder to english2 just so i could keep the original. so with no txts theres nothing to do. second thing: is it usable with dvd remote? third: i can't seem to exit the script once its started? but maybe that is due to that i don't see any text?
and last the images are they downloaded from somewhere? if so it's kinda hard to control the alpha channels. if not, i know all about transparent gifs and gif anims on xbmc so i can help out with that.
Quote: it starts fine but i don't get any texts displayed.
hmm thats bizar that it doesnt display texts. do you see images drawn over the text? cant you see any texts? did you try to run the script from scripts?
Quote:second thing: is it usable with dvd remote?
the dvd remote acts a little weird. when i press a key the script ends. it seems that the remote sends more than one buttonpress that causes the script to exit. i'm working on it.  it is better to control it with the controller atm.
Quote:third: i can't seem to exit the script once its started?
you can exit using the black button. or menu on remote.

Quote:and last the images are they downloaded from somewhere? if so it's kinda hard to control the alpha channels. if not, i know all about transparent gifs and gif anims on xbmc so i can help out with that.
the images are downloaded and stored on hdd. it should be possible to detect the alpha channels with some coding so i have the right colorkey
greets,

zilvershadow
i don't seem to have any texts @ll. the images are there. when i go right with dvd-remote button images dissapear and there are no texts 'under' the gfx. navigation worx so the script seems to run fine.

i don't usually have my gamepad connected. maybe i'll wait or maybe i'll connect one.  Image

exiting don't work with 'menu' on remote or 'black' on gamepad (for me). have to shut down xbox to reset.

re alpha channels: coding? now you lost me Image
i have the same issues as floink.

no text cannot navigate past the first screen and cannot exit.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
it loads fine and shows all the listings, but i cannot get it to play any music. when i click on a song, it loads the next page, but i hear nothing...

the first page says database offline. does this have something to do with it?
(san9jay @ may 23 2004,09:12 Wrote:i have the same issues as floink.

no text cannot navigate past the first screen and cannot exit.
i found out that this texts missing is a skin issue (i had it too with blackblue). try mediacenter.

btw. strings.xml is not nececerely needed. you need it when you want a menuitem on your homescreen. so you don't need it when you do not update the skins home.xml

i hope this is clear.
greets,

zilvershadow
(floink @ may 23 2004,00:15 Wrote:i don't seem to have any texts @ll. the images are there. when i go right with dvd-remote button images dissapear and there are no texts 'under' the gfx. navigation worx so the script seems to run fine.

i don't usually have my gamepad connected. maybe i'll wait or maybe i'll connect one.  Image

exiting don't work with 'menu' on remote or 'black' on gamepad (for me). have to shut down xbox to reset.

re alpha channels: coding? now you lost me Image
texts not showing is a skin issue, try mediacenter. i fixed the dvdremote. now images dont disappear anymore.

you can exit with menu now i hope. it works on my xbox.

maybe you can look at the alpha channels. i'm sorry for making you so confused. Image forget about the coding.

i posted a bugreport on this too:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=4205

maybe you are willing to look at it?

thanks
greets,

zilvershadow
very impressive. all works well for me. you were right, its better than the itunes you were working on. :lol:
been playing around with this for most of the afternoon and it's just fantastic. only problems i've been having seem mostly to come from the design of the webradio2 service having too many streams that are poorly organized.

looking around at the various kml resourses online it seems like it would be reasonably easy and straight forward to add some additional features. specifically, to address the issues i was having it would be great to have a way to store and access favorite stations.

the way i'd conceive of implementing this would be to alter the browser such that it inserts an additional button when displaying a specific stream's information from webradio. this would allow for a stream's information to then be added to a local text file. from the text file it should be possible to create an asp page that could be served from the built in web server to create a dynamic kml results from the favorites text file that could be displayed via the browser. this can then all be tied together nicely with a simple start page pointing to both the favorites page and the standard webradio source.

-mysom
why is it that i cannot hear anything play though this?

is there some setting i have to do or something? it says database offline on the menu page, does that have something to do with it?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KML2 Browser0