• 2(current)
KML2 Browser
(andrewjm @ may 24 2004,01:25 Wrote:why is it that i cannot hear anything play though this?

is there some setting i have to do or something? it says database offline on the menu page, does that have something to do with it?
do you have the newest version installed? what version of xbmc do you have. does it load the playlist? did you check the debug screen? (press white button or info button on the scripts page to show the debug screen.) please be more specific. database offline has nothing to do with it. Image

greets
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
Quote:specifically, to address the issues i was having it would be great to have a way to store and access favorite stations.

i was also thinking about this but slightly different:
* when you start the browser, it will show you a screen with your favorites on it.
* there are also different kml sites from which you can select
when you select an item it loads the browser and shows you the page.
* you can add favorites by a simple button press.

so no webserver involved. it could be an idea because you can share your favorites with others, but for now it is too much work. Image

regards
greets,

zilvershadow
(zilvershadow @ may 23 2004,12:11 Wrote:texts not showing is a skin issue, try mediacenter. i fixed the dvdremote. now images dont disappear anymore.
beeing the author of the retro skin i'd like to know what those issues are so i can fix retro and also notify other skinners what to do Image is there more to it then just making sure there is a compatible font included in the skin?
Quote:maybe you can look at the alpha channels. i'm sorry for making you so confused.  Image forget about the coding.
its just that i can't do any coding whatsoever Smile
Quote:i posted a bugreport on this too:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=4205
the thing with xbmc is, in my experience, for gifs you have to have true transperancy. you cannot use a colorkey to get transparency. so fex in photoshop when creating the gif, use the layer transperancy as transperant parts. this has to do with the way xbmc interprets gifs which in some cases is done trough code that frodo made by reverse engineering gif-images (not sure if i explainded that right Smile ). thats why i earlier was talking about how to control what images to be used. the images beeing downloaded might not be saved in the way xbmc want them. if you show me how you want the images to look i'll make them look that way in xbmc.

edit: come to think of it what i am talking about is the skin engine. python might have a whole different way of dealing with gifs. if so i probably can't help you...
Quote:the thing with xbmc is, in my experience, for gifs you have to have true transperancy.

i do not understand for what purposes the colorkey is needed then. as when the gifs are 32bit true transparant do not need any colorkey. in my opinion this colorkey is useless Huh

i've looked in cximage library used to init the pictures. they support alpha channels. maybe some dev can look at it? it shouldn't be too difficult to fix this though.

i did not create the kml pages so i cant do anything with these images except that i could parse the images and save them in a 'correct' way so they get transparent.

kml2.5 will support true 32bit gif images with true transparancy (i thought) but this is still in the future.
greets,

zilvershadow
Quote:edit: come to think of it what i am talking about is the skin engine. python might have a whole different way of dealing with gifs. if so i probably can't help you...
nope, python uses the same library engine as xbmc does, so if it works in xbmc with skins, it works with python to.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

isn't it the same images that always are used for the script? if so why not include them, with problems corrected, in the distro of the script? thus also giving the possibility for users/skinners to modify the looks. this until someone fixes issues with gif interpretation in xbmc? the thing with skins is that the designer has full control of the gfx so he/she can adapt to the small flaws.
secondly i'd say those downloaded gifs are pretty badly done. the person who created them either have a limited system where theyre to be displayed or don't have good knowledge of how to creat well optimized gif images.
it is all ripped from the k|i|s|s player. kml is developed by them. as i said, they will soon release a new version (that they announced at cebit 2004.) much better documented too.

i will soon update these images and add them as an update.
greets,

zilvershadow
wow.
amazing.
i will add a webradio-button to my music.

you can use all graphics of my hifi skin, if you want.
perhaps the best way would be the default buttons.
this will be automatically changed by each skin.
must say that i am impressed with this!

very nice indeed!

i have a small suggestion/request for this though:

* record option (record button) from "within" the script so exiting it and moving to my music wouldn´t be needed.

again, very nice job!

keep it up Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
awesome is all i can say. a great big thumbs up to zilvershadow.

it works great when using the mediacenter skin.

i do hope you can find the issue preventing it from working in the other skins as well.

one other minor issue is that the text at the bottom always says "connecting ..." even after the stream has started playing.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
at the moment i've little time to work on the project, but keep on coming with your suggestions, bugs, etc.

i tested the script with some skins now (blueblack, mediacenter, project mayham, visor) and they all seem to work with the skin so i think it's something else. the people that have this problem could tell me what skin they use and what build they have.

san9jay:
Quote:one other minor issue is that the text at the bottom always says "connecting ..." even after the stream has started playing.
i'm working on this and some other things like showing the mp3 title/description and other things mentioned.

one thing i want to clear up that is that this project isn't just an webradio player, you must see it in a wider perspective. kml is a markup language. many people have designed pages for it, including imdb, tvguide, weather and games, and more, like streaming video. what i'm writing is a browser that can browse these pages and draws them correctly to screen.

greets,

zilvershadow
(zilvershadow @ may 25 2004,19:39 Wrote:i tested the script with some skins now (blueblack, mediacenter, project mayham, visor) and they all seem to work with the skin so i think it's something else. the people that have this problem could tell me what skin they use and what build they have.
i haven't been able to test this myself yet but is maybe possible that the text problem is based on missing fonts in the skin? tho i actually doubt it myself. i can't get it to work with retro and i'm using a build from the 21st and the script from 23d.
and i must say it really is an awesome script now that i've been able to run it from mediacenter skin. :d
what a kickass script! nice work.

my only complaint, well other than it not working on other skins, is that it does not seem to properly scale for ntsc. for me, the bottom is cutoff. would it be possible to set the boundaries smaller than the the maximum for the resolution?

that way we can try to accomodate everybody's overscan. for me, if i set the ui calibration to 0,0, i can barely see the bottom menu (red bar).

i normally have my ui calibration at -5, and even then the bottom bar is cutoff.

any chance you can take overscan into consideration?

thanks,

ts

ps: amazing work!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

so, i got the script to work with pm.

it is based on the fonts.

for example, in the script we have:

def getfont(font):
if (font == 1):
#print "font24"
return "font24"
else:
#print "font12"
return "font16"

but, pm does not have either font24 or font16. i switched it such that i now have:

def getfont(font):
if (font == 1):
#print "font24"
return "font24"
else:
#print "font12"
return "font14"

and it works with pm skin.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

would better to make that fix so that the script looks for a font within a range. fex small font = 12-18 big font 19-32, or something. i'm no coder so i wouldnt know how to do this or how hard it would be to do. but my guess is it would cover more skins Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KML2 Browser0