ABC TV Script
Has anyone this script working on the latest build ? On my xbox the running label appears and then nothing.

It's working on my laptop Wink
G'day coupeborgward.

I found that this script had stopped working for me, too. I checked out the error log and it was searching for the abctvLog.txt file in a directory called scripts\ABC T\ instead of scripts\ABC TV\. Had a poke in the guts of the default.py program itself, and it looks like the problem derives from line 33;

ROOT_DIR = os.getcwd()[:-1]+'\\'

Which gets the working directory, strips the last character off, then adds \\ to the end. Hence, we end up missing a letter. I'm not really sure why this is here: maybe previous versions of XBMC dealt differently with the info given when you run os.getcwd()... who knows.

Anyway, I hacked mine to work by removing the '[:-1]' section (although just removing the '-1' would also work, I think. Thus, the line ends up looking like;

ROOT_DIR = os.getcwd()+'\\'

So, jump into that python file and get deleting! (You can just open it with a text editor). Alternatively, sling me an email at [email protected] (removing the spambait), and I'll email you a copy with my changes in there.

Actually, you might want to check the log first, and make sure you're getting a similar error to what I was before you go playing in the code. On the Xbox, you just hit the black button while the script is highlighted.
Spot on. I modified the python scripts and it's working now. Thanks for that. Much appreciated
Alternatively you can change the line

DO_LOGGING = True

to

Do_LOGGING = False

This stops it trying to open the Log file in the first place and unless you need the Logs will lighten the load on your system (a bit... OK a tiny bit)

BRETT

Edit: Just noticed the exact same problem in the Ted Talk, triple J, ABC radio and ABC radio National scripts from this author (there are multiple ted talks scripts)
Hi forum!
Isntalled xbmc today on my ubuntu 9.10
Can start xmbc but can not figure out, how to watch lets say ABC channel on my laptop (have wifi on it)

Can you be more detail what steps should I take.
I would like to watch ABC and National Geographic on my pc.

thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ABC TV Script0