• 29(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2023-11-11, 19:50)Blackysb Wrote:
(2023-11-11, 16:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: You'll need to go into home customisation and remove the Trakt widgets which require authorization -- most of these will be in the inprogress category. It will be the "Still to Watch" and "Recently Watched" widgets because those use Trakt data.

I have the same issue but I do have library data. Problem I found is the tmdb track widgets don't show up in my widget list. I had to go into skinshortcuts xml and delete them.

Yeah some of skinshortcuts visibility code is really janky -- it will hide an item from the configuration dialog but then still build the entry. Or the reverse happens where it allows you to add an item and configure it but will then hide it from building because the condition isn't met (e.g. no movies library but add an entry which opens MovieTitles section).

I think I'm going to be forced into eventually making my own similar script because whilst the skinshortcuts is being maintained in working condition, it isn't really being developed and some of the limitations are becoming more effort to workaround than the work that would be involved in making my own version.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey

thank you for this great skin. Yesterday I updated to v0.3.23, since than the spotlight area doesn't auto rotate anymore. This happens on all hubs.

If I downgrade to v0.3.21 it starts working again.

Thank you
(2023-11-11, 16:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: Are you still having this issue with latest version? I did notice a random issue popping up with ratings but I think it is fixed now.

Might also be worth resetting TMDbHelper's ItemBuilder cache from its expert settings if you're still having this issue on latest version.
I restored my kodi using a backup and auto updated from there. Issue solved. Ratings are back again.

Quote:It seems to be working fine for me. Anything more specific about setup that I might be able to recreate the problem?

The backup and auto update worked for the spotlight and highlight too. Maybe some file got corrupted or something.

New issue now is that the spotlight doesn't change movies/tv shows automatically like it used to. Anything I have to do to get it to change automatically?
(2023-11-12, 11:32)embyLover Wrote: @jurialmunkey

thank you for this great skin. Yesterday I updated to v0.3.23, since than the spotlight area doesn't auto rotate anymore. This happens on all hubs.

If I downgrade to v0.3.21 it starts working again.

Thank you

Yeah I noticed that myself as well. Should be fixed by this commit which will go in the next update:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...435ab130c5
Thank you for the quick reply. Have a good day.
I can't edit my last post (probably because I'm a new user) so sry for this double post.

I just want to confirm that with the changes in "Includes_Spotlight.xml", spotlight is again working as it should.
(2023-11-12, 05:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah this is a frustrating limitation of skinshortcuts. It will only build the mainmenu subsections if there's at least one item.

Your approach is basically what I do. Also I found you don't actually need to choose a widget; simply disabling the blank entry will be enough to trick skinshortcuts to build.

Issue thread is here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...issues/173

I haven't looked at the issue thread yet but I had actually tried that (disabling the default <None> widget entry) and the disabled setting never stuck unless I chose a widget (any widget) to disable. When I went back in, it would be enabled again. Any ideas there? I doubt it makes any difference in the end since the widget should never load, am I right?

(2023-11-12, 05:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: This is a bug with widgets only layout. I noticed the same problem the other day. Will fix it soon.

Awesome!

(2023-11-12, 05:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: The other possibility is to add a normal widget with genres using Apps or Text style to get a smaller widget, then add a stacked folder widget underneath for the genre.

This is the method I prefer for now, however I've noticed that when I use the Text style for the Genres widget, the text label still shows under the text button. Like this:

Code:

Label

Is there something I am doing wrong when setting this widget? I would prefer to eliminate the text label below the button if possible.

(2023-11-12, 05:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah I agree, "open" is not exactly best choice. I think originally I was trying to find a word with a similar width but it's kind of a moot point once translations are factored in anyway. I'll change it to "Browse" (I like "watch" but think some people might confused it for "play").

That works too!

Thanks for your thought out reply and great, great work.
IDK if its been asked before but can anyone tell me the differences between the layout options when setting up? Can I easily switch between them all to play around to see which fits my needs? 
the skin is my top skin right now , thank you for the good job. how do you implement the blur background effect, is it possilbe I can port it to other skins I am using? seems it's not colorbox.
(2023-11-12, 19:33)phodiduddy Wrote: Can I easily switch between them all to play around to see which fits my needs? 

Yep. Its been made very easy. If you dont like the look of the layout youve chosen you can go to the setup wizard in settings and start over. Ive experimented with every layout and prefer 'classic'
(2023-11-12, 17:41)ambulancePilot Wrote: I haven't looked at the issue thread yet but I had actually tried that (disabling the default <None> widget entry) and the disabled setting never stuck unless I chose a widget (any widget) to disable. When I went back in, it would be enabled again. Any ideas there? I doubt it makes any difference in the end since the widget should never load, am I right?

Honestly I was surprised it worked for me. Likely needs to be the specific combo of Kodi, OS, and SkinShortcuts version that's on my machine because I was sure that in earlier Kodi versions I needed to use your approach.

But yeah, either way not an issue because the widget is never loaded. The template will build the block of code in either case but the condition to include the code is set to false.

(2023-11-12, 17:41)ambulancePilot Wrote: This is the method I prefer for now, however I've noticed that when I use the Text style for the Genres widget, the text label still shows under the text button. Like this:
Is there something I am doing wrong when setting this widget? I would prefer to eliminate the text label below the button if possible.

No nothing wrong, just still very much a work in progress as it was only very recently added. It's currently just the Apps style but swapping out the image for a label in the box, so that's why there's still text underneath.

Didn't want to go too hung up on finessing the smaller appearance details until I'd had a change to test it out a bit more thoroughly -- plus still experimenting a bit with the style. But definitely will give it a bit more polish soon!
(2023-11-12, 19:33)phodiduddy Wrote: IDK if its been asked before but can anyone tell me the differences between the layout options when setting up? Can I easily switch between them all to play around to see which fits my needs? 

As loki00 mentioned above, no harm in trying them out, all very easily reversible.

The main difference is that two bottom views use the "widgets only" set of hub widgets, whereas the three styles in the top row use the "categories" widget sets -- but nothing is removed when changing, it just switches the set used so very easily can change it back by reselecting a style.
(2023-11-13, 00:08)eribone Wrote: the skin is my top skin right now , thank you for the good job. how do you implement the blur background effect, is it possilbe I can port it to other skins I am using? seems it's not colorbox.

It uses TMDbHelper for blur but it should be essentially the same as colorbox as both use gaussian blur via python Pillow module.

The difference is mostly to do with the way the skin uses the blur output rather than the script used to achieve it.

It is very difficult to "port" things between skins as the other skin will not have the same skin code for variables, includes, and constants.
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but when you go to your video library and use the alphabetical slider to jump to title the studio logo and MPAA certification icon show over the slider. Maybe its nit-picky but i think itd look cleaner if the logos werent there when the slider was present. Thanks.
(2023-11-13, 15:37)loki00 Wrote: I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but when you go to your video library and use the alphabetical slider to jump to title the studio logo and MPAA certification icon show over the slider. Maybe its nit-picky but i think itd look cleaner if the logos werent there when the slider was present. Thanks.

Yeah that's a bug. Definitely isn't meant to be like that -- Must've accidentally left out a visibility condition when I was adding support for local studios and didn't notice because I have them turned off on my loungeroom setup.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.