• 39(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
(2023-11-28, 16:04)jollyhiggler Wrote: While on the subject of YT artwork in widgets - is there any straightforward adjustment that can be made to force the thumbnail to fully populate the landscape template - i.e. without the black bars to the top and bottom?

That's Youtube not the skin doing that.

In youtube settings, if you change thumbnail size to 16:9 rather than 4:3 then it will fill.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Arctic Horizon 2 - Beta. Support me on Ko-fi.
Fine @jurialmunkey, the variant with the SVCF works well, I was able to create a merged widget for my YouTube subscriptions and hide the items for next page via exclude, which in the end had the same effect as with AutoWidget.
In principle, however, it's not so great if the skin restricts the functionality of certain addons, or what do you think? But of course the SVCF also opens up completely new possibilities that need to be explored first.
Regarding the discussion in the previous posts, I would really like to have some control over whether fanart or thumbnail is displayed in landscape mode. With widgets you can now control this more or less comfortably via the SVCF with the manual entry in the corresponding JSON, but there are addons where fanart is displayed in landscape mode (e.g. TIDAL2 Video section) and there are also video addons where landscape mode is not even available at all (e.g. ARDundZDF, Tagesschau), but where it would be necessary.
Furthermore, I have a number of downloaded YouTube videos that are not included in the library, for example, for which I get a preview thumbnail in landscape mode, but this view is then shared for all library files.
Could a distinction be made here between video files and misc files?

Thanks a lot and best regards
ROCK Pi 4B / LibreELEC 11 / KODI 'Nexus'
(2023-11-29, 02:25)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 16:04)jollyhiggler Wrote: While on the subject of YT artwork in widgets - is there any straightforward adjustment that can be made to force the thumbnail to fully populate the landscape template - i.e. without the black bars to the top and bottom?

That's Youtube not the skin doing that.

In youtube settings, if you change thumbnail size to 16:9 rather than 4:3 then it will fill.
I feel pretty daft now, but glad I asked nevertheless - cheers!
(2023-11-29, 02:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 19:18)Adamosborne83 Wrote: Can you add this onto Customise Options too? As I like one of my options to be quit.

Add what? Quit? It should be available under Kodi Commands when choosing a shortcut.

Apologies, I thought I had replied to a message so it didn't seem like it was too out of context.

On Customise options, for sidebar menu etc it does not seem to have an option for Kodi Commands?
https://imgur.com/a/5cEtgRI
Hi, @jurialmunkey
Hi, when I try to play a movie or something it keeps loading then it shows nothing it suppose to shows my player sources like "UPNP" where is the problem Huh
Is it okay to have a hub main widget just like the spotlight where it shows in every hub categories. This will help lighten every setup for not so fast devices. If you have 4 categories you don't need to add widgets in each category. Instead of adding more widgets you can use the categories submenu for more easy access shortcut...
(2023-11-29, 22:27)Kino13 Wrote: Hi, @jurialmunkey
Hi, when I try to play a movie or something it keeps loading then it shows nothing it suppose to shows my player sources like "UPNP" where is the problem Huh

Please report TMDbHelper bugs on the TMDbHelper github page. A debug log is essential for me to understand the issue.

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...escription
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Arctic Horizon 2 - Beta. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2023-11-29, 22:57)CouchGuy Wrote: Is it okay to have a hub main widget just like the spotlight where it shows in every hub categories. This will help lighten every setup for not so fast devices. If you have 4 categories you don't need to add widgets in each category. Instead of adding more widgets you can use the categories submenu for more easy access shortcut...

Yeah I've got plans for this. Issue thread is here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...issues/168
(2023-11-29, 12:53)Adamosborne83 Wrote:
(2023-11-29, 02:22)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 19:18)Adamosborne83 Wrote: Can you add this onto Customise Options too? As I like one of my options to be quit.

Add what? Quit? It should be available under Kodi Commands when choosing a shortcut.

Apologies, I thought I had replied to a message so it didn't seem like it was too out of context.

On Customise options, for sidebar menu etc it does not seem to have an option for Kodi Commands?

OH for the tiles! I was looking at the options to configure the side menu buttons (the icon ones on the very right) and thinking "but it is there!". Yep I know what the issue will be for the tiles. Will fix.
(2023-11-29, 11:43)C.O.D. Wrote: In principle, however, it's not so great if the skin restricts the functionality of certain addons, or what do you think? But of course the SVCF also opens up completely new possibilities that need to be explored first.

The skin isn't restricting the functionality of Autowidget.

The problem is that Autowidget is reliant on hacking and modifying your SkinShortcut menu configuration files in order to work. I don't believe the skin should be held hostage into using SkinShortcuts when it is no longer developed and will result in skin performance suffering.

This is like expecting a PS5 to play all PS4 games. It will be backwards compatible with most PS4 games without issue; but there will always be some games relying on very specific PS4 hardware hacks/tricks to work properly. No matter what Sony does, these games will never be fully compatible with the PS5 without the game developer updating the game.

(2023-11-29, 11:43)C.O.D. Wrote: There are also video addons where landscape mode is not even available at all (e.g. ARDundZDF, Tagesschau), but where it would be necessary.

This is an issue with the addons not selecting appropriate content types. The skin determines which viewtypes are available depending on the content type set. It is up to the addon to set the appropriate content type so that the skin knows how to handle it.

Landscape view is available for videos, images, movies, tvshows, episodes, musicvideos, artists, files, sources, games. These are all the content types where landscape is an appropriate artwork type (e.g. it is not available for albums because albums only have square artwork).

If landscape view is unavailable then it means that the addon is setting a different content type to those.

(2023-11-29, 11:43)C.O.D. Wrote: Regarding the discussion in the previous posts, I would really like to have some control over whether fanart or thumbnail is displayed in landscape mode. With widgets you can now control this more or less comfortably via the SVCF with the manual entry in the corresponding JSON, but there are addons where fanart is displayed in landscape mode (e.g. TIDAL2 Video section) and

I disagree. The skin has specific standards about how it displays artwork. This is a design decision not a user one.

Addons should set appropriate metadata so that the skin understands how to best display the content. It should not require this level of user intervention to hack it into working correctly.
(2023-11-28, 08:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2023-11-26, 21:47)Nekromantik Wrote: just installed this and great skin
how do i change the thumbnails to show posters instead of screenshot of the movie?

Do you mean for widgets? When you go to Edit widgets in the config dialog you should be able to change the "Style" to poster.

In the library, you change the view by pressing up to access the filter options at top of the screen. There's a view button where you can select the view type.

yes widgets Smile
thanks will try that
Any plans for more player osd customization? The current one makes subtitles hard to read when pausing and fast forwarding(2x,4x,8x etc) https://imgur.com/a/U5sixeX , https://imgur.com/a/lm46KUG
I know there is an option to have the osd hidden after a couple of seconds but its not ideal and it only works when pausing and not when fast forwarding.
Maybe have a "minimalistic osd' option where you only have the progress bar at the very bottom and nothing else when pausing and fast forwarding? Also a clock would be nice.
$INFO[Container().ListItem.Property(autoLabel)] doesn't seem to work anymore, how can I display the label for say a randomized movie genre or based on recently watched movie, etc?
(2023-11-30, 23:01)PraiseOdin Wrote: $INFO[Container().ListItem.Property(autoLabel)] doesn't seem to work anymore, how can I display the label for say a randomized movie genre or based on recently watched movie, etc?

I don't know what "autolabel" is. I'm assuming it is part of autowidget, which relies on skins using skinshortcuts so it won't work correctly with this skin.

For TMDbHelper randomised and based on widgets, you can get the widget name with Container().ListItem.Property(widget) though I intend to fix this so that it is automatic
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.