Files-view in TV-Shows and Movies won´t stay! (Changes back to Library View)
As the topic says, I enter either the TV-shows or the Movies selections from the main screen, and since it just says "No scanned information for this view. Switch to Files view" I do that, and everything is fine. I can add sources, thumnails and everything.

But if I go back to the main menu and the re-enter TV-shows or Movies it´s back to the library-view just saying "No scanned info...etc" again.

This does not happend in Music or Program, and not i the Project Mayhem III - skin. I really can´t seem to find any solution to it. Should it be this (odd) way, or is there some nice setting that I´ve forgot? Smile

Thanks in advance
TV Shows is designed to go to TV Shows in the library. Simple as that. If you don't like that behaviour, I believe you can either change it, or remove the option completely via skin settings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the fast answer.
Does somebody know how to change this, or if it is even possible.

The reason I want to do it is simply because I enjoy the files-view and think it is simple to use.
As I said - investigate the options available to you in the skin settings. It may already be possible.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yea I think you can do that by unchecking "Enable Library" by going to System --> Video --> Library --> Enable Library.
Thanks, I didn´t look deep enough. The setting for turning of the library-function was in System/Videos/Library.

I guess the Library-function is actually a quite nice one. Maybe will look into it later, but for now I´m sticking to the List-view Smile

Thanks for the help!
Library is way sexier though, I highly recommend that you give it a try. It's kinda hard to set up but it's worth it Smile
I´m getting a little interested in it yes Smile
But I can´t even seem to get started working with it since no files show up and I don´t seem to be able to add any. Is there some kind of tutorial/guide anywhere? Or perhaps just a hint to where I should start? Smile
Press "C" on the source you want to add to the files view.

Set content.

Scan.

Read more on the online manual.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Check here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
Great! I will start playing with the library first thing tomorrow morning Smile
Gotta sleep now thou. Thanks for all the fast help!
Actually I think those links are missing some pretty important info which I can't find on any guide.. except maybe the Plex guides. You'll need to do a bit of tweaking on your files, for example for tv shows it's best if you make folders for each season, so your tv shows folders would look like this:

TV shows --> Lost --> Season 1 -->

For shows and movies you'll also want to add the year right next to the title, so that the scraper chooses the correct data if there are multiple instances of the same title. So for example:

Battlestar Galactica (2004)
Ah found it, make sure you click on the links under the "Preparing your Videos to be Scanned" section. Those links should have more emphasis or something, they easy to miss -.-
For tv shows, season folders are completely up to the user - XBMC ignores them completely, unless the user specifically sets up a regexp to scrape them. None of the defaults require the season folder being present - all we require is a sane naming scheme, such as:

1x03 - blah.avi

And yeah, the tvdb and imdb scrapers in particular can use the year information if it's available. I'm not sure whether thetvdb can filter out a "bad" year value or not - eg for a show that doesn't require year (as there's only one instance of the show), so the best advice is only naming them with the year if you have a problem.

As a general rule, you need the year in the case of tvshows only if the show has multiple instances of it (such as BSG), and then the year is only wanted on the newer versions.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Now it´s slowly starting to work Smile
I´ve try adding some TV-shows, and it downloads the art and information correctly but I can´t seem to get the sorting to work. Whatever I select for sorting method the episodes still only sorts in Name-order. And something other weird is that right next to an episode of a show it says "1 Episodes, 4 Episodes etc.". I guess this is suposed to say "Episode 1, Episode 2 etc." but I can´t seem to get i to display correctly.

Any ideas? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files-view in TV-Shows and Movies won´t stay! (Changes back to Library View)0