Poll: What platform do you run XBMC on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox
53.18%
Linux
17.56%
OSX (ATV)
4.98%
Windows
24.28%
Total
803 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 3(current)
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?
Jmarshall-

I know it seems like a boring job, so hopefully seeing all the xbox ppl come out of the woodwork in one fell swoop will give you a bit more motivation.

Thanks a lot for keeping XBmc alive, if only for now. I know I'd be lost without it. Big Grin
Now that you know there's a _chance_ of development stopping after Atlantis for Xbox version, I take it all you Xbox lovers are working OVERTIME to produce quality bugreports ?

Thanks for helping yourself
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have 3 Xboxes. I've yet to see any other hardware which would satisfy an upgrade, so I use a Tvix 6500 in the meantime for 720+1080 x264, but god I miss XBMC on it.
Music, Pictures, DVD's and 720p OAR DIVX/XVID's are still viewed/played back on the Xboxes.
Comeback when there exists a hardware platform worth upgrading too (1080p24, HD sound, HDMI1.3a, SFF, Silent)

I totally get JM, it's boring to merge, but god it would suck if the Xbox was abandoned. So people pad the man on the back and buy him beers when you meet him Wink
ultrabrutal Wrote:I totally get JM, it's boring to merge, but god it would suck if the Xbox was abandoned. So people pad the man on the back and buy him beers when you meet him Wink

Many, many beers if that's his poison Laugh
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Beer's good Wink He should never have to pay for beer ever again, or any of the other hardworking teammembers for that matter
"but god it would suck if the Xbox was abandoned."

Sooooooooo true!!!

I've already sent beer'n'pizza money but if it will keep the Xbox alive I'm happy to send more! Smile
digitalhigh Wrote:1. I can go into a gamestop in one of four different locations (20 mins from my house, max) and find at least four or five refurbished xbox1's for under $100US.

I totally agree with you here. Around here in rural Ohio we have 2 locations that I can say on average have 10-15 refurb Xbox 1's at all times for $59.00. Name a PC I can grab for that price and with a little bit of time have a kick ass media platform like XBMC.
There are sold like 25 million Xbox1's... This is similar to the C64 which you can still easily buy over 15 years since it was abandoned. So I do not fear the Xbox hardware running out, plus most parts are normal PC parts like Harddrive, DVD-Drive, PSU which are most likely to fail.
just to point out the obvious;

it's not like what we have will go away. you can still use those xboxes just fine. this is really about two things;

1) having to support old hw WILL complicate matters, in particular if we add fancies to the skinning engine etc.
2) no developers interested in doing the work

if you want to keep it alive it's dead simple; step up and offer to do the work
One of the biggest reasons I don't want to go to a HTPC, and I haven't seen it mentioned much....XBOX games?!?! And Emulators! I know the 360 is out, and all you "hardcore" gamers will baulk at this, but really there were a lot of good games made for the Original.
Games? You can still play your Xbox games on your Xbox. Has nothing to do with XBMC really
Really?, considering I access all my xbox games and emulator shortcuts via XBMC? Incorporated trainers via XBMC? Xlink Kai (with older builds, something I was sad to see dropped)? I know there isn't a lot of development needed in this area, it's just one reason I keep using the ol' xbox.
Old yes... but dead? in this post alone over 60% is Xbox users....

IIRC when I watched the Boxee interview on the home page the team was asked what platform they use and nearly all said Xbox....

If I could step up I would as I'm sure many would.... but truth is I'm kicking 40 up the a$$ and I have trouble keeping in with the Cisco/Nortel kit I work on now... learning programming would be a knightmare for me..
I still prefer Xbox over any other platform (and still many other people in Holland do too), although I'm also active on Linux. Xbox'es are cheap, easy to get, easy to mod, etc. I think the lifespan for Xbox in theory would still be 2-4 years. I will probably switch to an HTPC with Linux in the future, but not until I've upgraded my whole living room to HD equipment.....

In short: It would be really nice if Xbox development/support would go on for a little while. I really appreciate Jonathan's work (and so would I for any successor). At least I will keep supporting Xbox by testing, debugging etc.

ps. The worst parts of the Xbox hardware is probably the system fan & DVD-drive, but both are pretty easy to replace in my experience :-D
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
well OFCOURSE this thread is dominated by Xbox users who desperately wants something.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you think that Team-XBMC should keep developing XBMC for the Xbox?2