DVBViewer Shorcut in XBMC?
Hi,

I'm new here, and i've a little question Smile

I recently switched from MediaPortal to XBMC for Windows, and i can really say XBMC is much better than MediaPortal, but i do miss one thing, the ability to watch Live TV (SAT, Cable, HDTV), i'm using DVBViewer Pro for Live TV, so is it possible to integrate DVBViewer Pro in XBMC? If this is not possible, is it possible to add a Shortcut (link) for DVBViewer Pro in XBMC?

Thanks in advance!

greez MakaveliTha
There has been some effort to write a python plugin to allow launching of external apps in XBMC. I think it's called "Launcher" (Yeh I know, completely unambiguous name, should turn right up in search results...), but that's all I know about it. Search the forums for more info (all of them not just the win32 one).
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

There is the Launcher thread
thanks, i've tried it with this launcher, but it does not work Sad

is this the only way to add a custom shortcut in the xbmc Mainmenu?

is it not possible to do it like this?

Video
Music
Pictures
Weather
DVBViewer Pro (replace the scripts button)
Same question here: how to launch dvbviewer pro from xbmc menu? Or some other way.
[quote=makavelitha]thanks, i've tried it with this launcher, but it does not work Sad
QUOTE]

The Version 1.02 dont work on my System, but Version 1.01 work perfect.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=222...stcount=14
My HTPC
My Pictures of HTPC
&
Xbox with XBCASE
SmartXX V3
McIce Wrote:Same question here: how to launch dvbviewer pro from xbmc menu? Or some other way.

Same Question here too Sad
Download the latest recordingservice from the dvbviewer members area and enable the upnp server. Now, run XBMC and add the DVBViewer upnp server to your videos. The only thing you'll miss is the epg info but, other than that, is working pretty well.

btw, you'll need the latest XBMC SVN version.
or get a mythtv backend running and use xbmc as a client...

i believe there is also a plugin called mytv (v1.8) that can use some software to view livetv
Jester Wrote:or get a mythtv backend running and use xbmc as a client...

That's not an option for non-Linux users out there Big Grin unless you use a VM emulator.
A600 Wrote:Download the latest recordingservice from the dvbviewer members area and enable the upnp server. Now, run XBMC and add the DVBViewer upnp server to your videos. The only thing you'll miss is the epg info but, other than that, is working pretty well.

Can you please explain, better how does the recording service works ?

I can´t make it work
A600 Wrote:Download the latest recordingservice from the dvbviewer members area and enable the upnp server. Now, run XBMC and add the DVBViewer upnp server to your videos. The only thing you'll miss is the epg info but, other than that, is working pretty well.

really thx for that tip Smile
it works!
but i have a big audio/video lag (some buffering as well) and bad screen resolution (np using recordings) using hd channels
any suggestion for that?
obv i'm using the same pc for sat-card and xbmc

(thanks as always to all the xbmc developpers: the OLD xbox is always alive&kicking&connected Wink )

edit: with sd channels the audio/video lag is really acceptable, but the buffering still present

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBViewer Shorcut in XBMC?0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.