Hide channels loading progress bar on startup
(2024-02-23, 06:31)Shredder_guitar Wrote: But i won't be writing the code to implement it.
You said you know it's only 8 lines of code to change. Go ahead. Otherwise, from what I've read here, nobody seems to be interested in doing the work for you.
(2024-02-23, 08:55)ksooo Wrote: You said you know it's only 8 lines of code to change. Go ahead. Otherwise, from what I've read here, nobody seems to be interested in doing the work for you.

I don't own the add-on and I won't. Implementation would make me an owner and I'm not owning it or supporting it. So far I have only read subjective opinions and preferences not pragmatic or functional reasons why it's impossible. I don't subscribe to the 'it is what it is because i said so' philosophy. If everyone here is volunteering ideas time and effort, then that includes me too, does it not? If you're going to put something into existence...then support it or give me a functional reason why it's impossible instead of ' I DONT WAAANNA'...which is basically all that's been said.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
The change you are looking to make has nothing to do with this addon. It would need to be made in Kodi. I don’t know where, you’d need to dig around a bit to figure that out.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
OP prefers to write walls of text instead of try to learn and contribute. This is because they have no clue how open source projects work. I’m out. Complete waste of my spare time.

OP does not even understand that nobody said that it is impossible to implement. OP did not understand that they need to convince some dev with the respective skills to do the work or to just do it on their own.

Finally, yes „I DONT WAAANNA“ and you just have to accept that this is something I just can say, because l’m the only one who decides how l spend my spare time.
(2024-02-23, 22:01)ksooo Wrote: OP prefers to write walls of text instead of try to learn and contribute. This is because they have no clue how open source projects work. I’m out. Complete waste of my spare time.

OP does not even understand that nobody said that it is impossible to implement. OP did not understand that they need to convince some dev with the respective skills to do the work or to just do it on their own.

Finally, yes „I DONT WAAANNA“ and you just have to accept that this is something I just can say, because l’m the only one who decides how l spend my spare time.

I started out to gain understanding until this thread turned into "No because that's not the way I do it" which is frankly unacceptable. I contribute to this platform plenty both in spare time, effort, AND monetarily to dev's that are willing to listen to make something better rather than just sh*t shoveling. Your train of thought gives devs a bad name. I can shovel sh*t and play "professional soccer" just as good as the rest of them, pal.

"OP does not even understand that nobody said that it is impossible to implement. " Please don't use "reverse air bud" rules on me, they don't work.. It was certainly inferred in previous posts that this ask was rejected or not do-able.

"Finally, yes „I DONT WAAANNA“ and you just have to accept that this is something I just can say, because i’m the only one who decides how l spend my spare time."...really just confirms you aren't here to help a community thrive, only yourself as long as there's something in it for you. That is NOT how Open source communities work, but just for fun, I googled it and found this...

" These communities bring people with shared interests together to collaboratively build something, which can be shared with anyone inside or outside of the community." By this example of an OSS community every post has basically been casting sh*t for having an idea. That shouldn't work like that and largely speaks to the lack of thrival BUT, that's a WHOLE other topic and not my primary focus. I asked to hide a menu bar, that's it.
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
> really just confirms you aren't here to help a community thrive, only yourself as long as there's something in it for you.

Even if you would have a point with that, you will just have to live with that.

To summarize: the feature could of course be implemented and maybe somewhere in the future somebody could step up to implement it. If this guy is not you, then you have no other choice than to wait.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide channels loading progress bar on startup0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.