LIVE Beta1 and Asus Eee PC 701?
Hi there.
I installed LIVE Beta1 to my USB stick and booted Asus Eee PC 701 with it. I selected Intel as Gfx card, but the system stucks with splash screen?
Have anyone else got this to work with live? I know that XBMC works with other setup on Asus Eee PC 701.
Smile
Got it to work off CD with eeePC 701 but not off USB. Did not even get as far as selecting the gfx card.

Did you notice when off the CD that video playback was super fast and could not get normal speed. Any hints on how to fix?
Fast playback is nearly always a result of improper audio device selection. Please search the linux forums, it has been covered there many times.
NEALHK Wrote:Got it to work off CD with eeePC 701 but not off USB. Did not even get as far as selecting the gfx card.
Did you notice when off the CD that video playback was super fast and could not get normal speed. Any hints on how to fix?

Can you describe how and with what you got the Beta1 to work in EeePc? Help is needed. Smile
realjobe Wrote:Can you describe how and with what you got the Beta1 to work in EeePc? Help is needed. Smile

Have a look in announcements at the thread titles best hardware to run 720p video.

Avenger Zero has an EEE PC in their and worked fine, maybe ask him.
althekiller and hexusody thks for the pointers and i will look in the threads..

realjobe - have 701 running nlited version of winxp sp2 with 2gb ram. Boot using usb cd with the xbmc live cd and pick the intel gfx card. it boots into xbmc after sometime approx. 2-3mins and it works apart from the forementioned playback issue. But will look at the threads to see if can resolve.
Hi there.

It is possible to run LIVE from CD-boot device with Intel GFX settings, but the system is running too slow. Eee PC 701 has 900Mhz CPU but with Ubuntu Mobile platform beneath LIVE it runs at 630,093Mhz instead of 900Mhz.
Ubuntu Mobile does not have cpu speed changing routines?

With EeePC's Xandros OS there is possibility to set/ask for CPU speed.
BIOS does not have any fixed CPU speed settings.

Type 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors' and the system will tell how the CPU speed.

Link to the Info
http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=2852
Then probably you should install the cpu scaling governour under ubuntu Smile My guess, without having tried: apt-get install cpufreq.
realjobe - have you had any luck?

I managed to get xbmc live to work off CD and now SD card (everything works OK so far video and music). But still no luck with USB still hangs after Intel GFX selected.

If you need any further details, let me know,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIVE Beta1 and Asus Eee PC 701?0