HP530 wlan0 isnt recognized
Hi,

I tried today the xbmc live and in the network options, the wireless interface wlan0 isnt recognized.

Its an Broadcom BC4xxx

Best regards
mullemull Wrote:Hi,

I tried today the xbmc live and in the network options, the wireless interface wlan0 isnt recognized.

Its an Broadcom BC4xxx

Best regards

By default, xbmc live is set to eth0. The setting in xbmc is grey out, you need to configure /etc/network/interface. To verify if your network is supported run iwconfig, it will show if it detect your wireless card , it's properly on eth1. Then you need to configure /etc/network/interface for your card .. i.e essid,encryption.....
redwest Wrote:By default, xbmc live is set to eth0. The setting in xbmc is grey out, you need to configure /etc/network/interface. To verify if your network is supported run iwconfig, it will show if it detect your wireless card , it's properly on eth1. Then you need to configure /etc/network/interface for your card .. i.e essid,encryption.....

also to not have it grayed out and able to set it up you could
Code:
sudo nano /etc/init.d/xbmc
And append a sudo infront of xbmc --standalone

It's bad practice to give an application root privileges (make it admin) which is why we never do it. Atlantis+1 will hopefully have nonroot network configuration.

Cheers, Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
redwest Wrote:By default, xbmc live is set to eth0. The setting in xbmc is grey out, you need to configure /etc/network/interface. To verify if your network is supported run iwconfig, it will show if it detect your wireless card , it's properly on eth1. Then you need to configure /etc/network/interface for your card .. i.e essid,encryption.....

iwconfig
lo no wireless extension

eth0 no wireless extension

lspci
10:00.0 Network controller: BCM 4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
The kernel driver for bcm43xx likely wasn't included. l.capriotti will have to confirm. I can't remember if that one requires a microcode download or not, if so, I don't think we will be able to distribute it due to licensing.

Hi again,

My internel brodcom 43xxx did not show up with iwconfig, so i installed a externel usb wireless Linksys, and "configure /etc/network/interface for the LINKSYS usb .. i.e essid,encryption...", and now it works. "Woow"

If anybody has a clue about my internel Broadcom 43xx, please help

Thanks
What chipset does the external key use? (lspci)
althekiller Wrote:What chipset does the external key use? (lspci)

dont show up with lspci

it's a LINKSYS Wireless-G USB adapter model no:WUSB54GC
Oops...lsusb Smile
althekiller Wrote:Oops...lsusb Smile

OK,

It's only Linksys
If you can connect with the ethernet (eth0) device you can do;

1) aptitude update
2) aptitude install b43-fwcutter

That will download the correct microcode and firmware for your broadcom wifi.

After that you will then need to follow the above and configure it in /etc/network/interface (or with iwconfig)

Works for me (b43xx chipset)

/Ry
ryshandyr Wrote:If you can connect with the ethernet (eth0) device you can do;

1) aptitude update
2) aptitude install b43-fwcutter

That will download the correct microcode and firmware for your broadcom wifi.

After that you will then need to follow the above and configure it in /etc/network/interface (or with iwconfig)

Works for me (b43xx chipset)

/Ry
Did the upgrade without faults, + restarted
But there is no broadcom 4312 in iwconfig, and my click led wireless button didn’t start.

Thanks anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP530 wlan0 isnt recognized0