Feature Req: PAL/NTSC 16:9 support
Could you include a standard PAL 16x9 resolution in the upcoming release.

720p is great but i think i am not the only one who has his xbox attached to a standard 16:9 CRT Television. With the current release lacking support for 16:9 PAL most of the text is unreadable small and blurry (i think its because of the video chip downskaling from 720p to PAL) and most of the buttons appear to be also too small to be usable.

Thanks!
Yes, I would also have Big GrinNodLaugh
Try this -> Font Sizing
Quotting from the Font-Sizing thread:

Quote:We can't just increase font sizes across the board as it would just mess up certain parts of the skin (where the area the text resides is not big enough to accommodate large fonts) so we've added increases to the fonts that we think would be most needed.

Isnt that exactly why other skins that do naturally support pal 16:9 have a "PAL16x9" folder where you can not only specify the right font sizes but also e.g. a custom CommonViewTypes.xml to resize the text areas so the bigger font text will fit in?
That may be what other skins do but a lot of the reasoning for that was because XBMC didn't scale brilliantly across different resolutions. These days it scales so much better so there isn't the same need to create various copies of the code with slight alterations (causing a maintenance nightmare whenever you want to change something, you have to change it in all the resolutions).

Our way of handling it is to have XBMC stretch and scale as much as possible and we can give users different font sets and options to tailor the skin to their needs.

Even if we did decide to develop it in the same way as other skins have done in the past we would still have ended up with the same result we have now as we've done testing on all the screens and platforms we have access to and are happy with it how it works on those.

What we're missing is the input from users who are not happy with the sizing etc to let us know exactly what we can do to solve their issues. Hence why we started the Font Sizing thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Req: PAL/NTSC 16:9 support0