Problem with Dell remote control
I have a Dell remote control.
It works perfect with Ubuntu, but in XBMC it works only some time.
For example, if i press the key "up" 10 times, it goes up only 1 time.
Can somebody help me?
Thank you
Strange. As I understand it lirc translate the remote commands to keyboard press. Therefore if it works in Ubuntu it should work in any other application. Maybe it could be worth trying to reconfigure lirc - in a terminal:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
to setup lirc again.
Hi SpiffBB,
thanks for your help.
The fact is that IT IS translate as a keyboard, so I don't have lirc installed.
I preferred to not install it. Do you think is it necessary?
Hmm. not shure here.
The only Dell remote I have seen was a modded MCE remote (with the green button etc). Linux have a pretty impressive "database" of supported keyboards etc and that maight (im not shure) be the reason it works in "desktop mode". Im realy on thin ice now but if yours is a modded MCE-remote I dont think it hurts to install lirc, as long as its a standard remote its a pretty easy setup - just choose it in the list under the installation of lirc. If its not a MCE remote I leave the answer to somebody else.... Good luck!
SpiffBB, I have 2 Dell laptops, one with the Dell remote and the other with the MCE remote you've said.
The problem is with the laptop with the Dell remote... so not a MCE remote Sad

(anyway if you have also a good how-to for the MCE remote you're welcome Wink)
The MCE remote is realy very easy to install!
Just install lirc throug the terminal (sudo apt-get install lirc) and input windows mce remote then asked. Relogon to be sure the lirc deamon is running. Start XBMC. Voila!

Alternative go with XBMC live (witch installs to a USB stick) and its there from start.

A bit disapointed with the XBMC live stick - mounted network shares within XBMC, remote worked out of the box etc. Not one single line to edit in a terminal.......... ;-)
Thanks for your help, i will try.
Nobody can help me with my Dell remote?
I tried and it works perfectly with every other problem, only in XBMC it doesn't work properly.
Nobody can help me? Sad
I tried with the same laptop with Elisa Media Center and it works perfectly, so it's XBMC fault.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Dell remote control0