[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Force single instance of XBMC, run only one copy of the executabe
Maybe it is because it says it is an sdl app before it says xbmc?!? and it only checks the xbmc?

/needtotest
What the heck did someone delete my post from last night? Yes, it is because the FindWindow doesn't match due to the name not being set. However, just looking for both doesn't help because the space between the check and the creation of the window is long enough that you can still launch multiple copies.

Really the only reliable way to do this in Win32 is with a null-security named mutex.
I'm for KISS but if it doesn't work patches are welcome Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just posted this request, maybe others are interested too

ticket... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6870

Quote:I'd like to see a default setting that XBMC.EXE checks to see if it is already loaded in memory before initializing another instance.

And an option, via cmd line switch, to allow multiple instance to load in case it is needed, for some future functionality like multi-screens, etc.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Windows version of xbmc already does check for multiple instance of xbmc ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
The interesting thing is that I cannot get it to load multiples on my own.

BUT when I'm using it in daily use, I use EventGhost to start XBMC... and often (once a day or more) it will start 2 or 3 instances.
I can confirm this, with versions of XBMC dating back... I don't know. Six months at least? EventGhost key bound on the remote with just XBMC.exe, often leads to two instances running.
Looks like Wiso has recently fixed it using mutex for windows. Hence it is no longer an issue with windows.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Crash... what revision?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] Force single instance of XBMC, run only one copy of the executabe0