Xbox Optimized Skins?
Hi... some of the cool skins here seam to run slow on my xbox or take a lot of ram or somthing as they use really high rez bitmaps....

Are there any skins designed for xbox specs?
Vision 2 works great
Personally I use mediastream but with some issues, like I have to use info list view for movies (the other views use too much memory).
AEON/Horizonz is not recommended, most movies and tv-shows wont start if you try to play them, somtimes they start but one aren't able to fast forward, skip etc.
If you don't like any of them you can always use PMIII
PM3 was, is and always will be the best skin for Xbox.
Most if not all skins for XBMC runs fine on the Xbox when you do use use 1080i output (1080i uses a lot of memory which slows it down a lot) and as long as you do not use FanArt backdrops, (you can still use FanArt backdrops is you manually downscale them all to a much lower resolution on your computer).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yoci Wrote:Vision 2 works great
Personally I use mediastream but with some issues, like I have to use info list view for movies (the other views use too much memory).
AEON/Horizonz is not recommended, most movies and tv-shows wont start if you try to play them, somtimes they start but one aren't able to fast forward, skip etc.
If you don't like any of them you can always use PMIII

I use Aeon all the time on both my Xbox's without any of these issues, movies etc play perfectly. Only thing I have done is to downscale my backdrops to 960x540 using IrfanView (Batch conversion)
7s7 Wrote:I use Aeon all the time on both my Xbox's without any of these issues, movies etc play perfectly. Only thing I have done is to downscale my backdrops to 960x540 using IrfanView (Batch conversion)
I havn't tried to downscale that much, it might work
what resolution are you using? 720p?
I shift between xTV, Mediastream and PMIII and all work fine and look great in 720p...
PMIII-HD would be nice but the lack of a Programs button is a bit of a pain as I just copied all of my Xbox games and emulators to my xbox as part of a media clean-up...

Mediastream is probably my favorite but I'm still getting a bit confused with the libary mode... PMIII always works well!
Can't decide between Focus and Mediastream. Huh

Focus is very clean and user friendly. Even with fan-art in library mode it still run's smoothly.

Mediastream has still some memory isseus, but is a great skin.
Focus definitively has my vote for best Xbox skin. It's fast and reliable. MediaStream looks great, but all the eye candy slows it down and makes it function a lot less intuitively.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
althekiller Wrote:PM3 was, is and always will be the best skin for Xbox.

I will agree with the first part of your comment...just not sure about the latter. PM3 has always been a great default skin, especially for Xboxes....I'm just not sure it always will be.
althekiller Wrote:PM3 was, is and always will be the best skin for Xbox.

yea this is by far the best functional skin i have used. Every other skin after a while of use crashes the box or poster art starts to show as blank etc etc
Mediastream is the best looking skin I've EVER seen but it used to crash and refuse to start almost any movie until I resized the fanart to 800 px wide (anything larger didn't work with all the files)
That along with increasing the font size (on plain old 4:3 tv Sad) made it look and work great Smile
Hameed Wrote:Mediastream is the best looking skin I've EVER seen but it used to crash and refuse to start almost any movie until I resized the fanart to 800 px wide (anything larger didn't work with all the files)
That along with increasing the font size (on plain old 4:3 tv Sad) made it look and work great Smile

how do you do this... I can not see any image files?
My vote is for xTV. It works great on the XBox.
I obviously use Vision2, only problems ive had were some posters not showing up...due to memory issues with the xbox

dont think ill ever change using vision2, every skin lacks something Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Optimized Skins?0