• 4(current)
TheTVDB.com website down (thus the TheTVDB scraper do not work?)?
I dont scrape with anything but TVDB so I can't comment on any of the others. How could it be an XBMC problem if it worked just fine everyday since I updated ( Sept. 19) and just quit working one day( Sept. 27)? I think the TVDB problems stem from TVDB changing to a new server......and hopefully it is resolved really soon.
I'm still having the same issue with the one particular tv series. It's also noted over at thetvdb.com.
http://thetvdb.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6
Thank God!

I just installed Plex (XBMC for Mac), yesterday morning and in the afternoon it didn't scrape for anything.

I got crazy looking for the error and finally gave up thinking it was my issue, but i'm really happy to hear it's a common issue, so i expect they'll fix it.

I'll try an 9 p.m. CET, and i hope it's solved.

Thank you guys, this is the most amazing media center i've ever seen!
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:How could it be an XBMC problem if it worked just fine everyday since I updated ( Sept. 19) and just quit working one day( Sept. 27)?
One big reason for me that might point in that direction is that all 3 tv show scrapers aren't scraping ANY information for me now, and i have been updating svn builds every change (daily if changes are made.) and since others are having the same issue as well with other scrapers other then TVDB, and also since no one has yet confirmed scrapers properly grabbing show episode information with a refreshed database (cleaned, then rescanned) since the question was asked.
That's how you troubleshoot. Asking questions and testing to get to the root of the problem. I'm fully aware about TVDB server move, but that has nothing to do with the other scrapers not working either.

I found out myself with season 20 of simpsons and season 7 of family guy not picking up with any scrapers, and the other episode's are showing because they are already in the database, but remove all the shows from the database and rescan again from fresh, and NOTHING is getting scraped, trying with each of the 3 main scrapers for shows.
Could be that TheTVDB.com website was down yesterday, have you tried today? Huh

Does the IMDb scaper work for movies? Are you getting the RSS feed and weather?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was losing my mind....

I hope someone figures this one out. Non of the TV Show scrapers are working foe me. Movie scrapers are working just fine...
I am not sure why other scrapers would be down as well, but it appears that thetvdb.com is unable to get some of the en.zip files for certain shows, if you look at

http://thetvdb.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6#p15

you will notice that while Mad About You works, XBMC 404s on the en.zip file for The Office US.

My guess is something is wrong with the server move and hopefully they are working at thetvdb to fix it. I purged my library and rescraped it, with only about half the shows working....
Wow, I should check here more often so I can post updates. A couple of things were happening:

1. I was moving my nameservers from my work's old co-loc to rackspace.com. This resulted in a delay on the DNS updates.

2. We were migrating TheTVDB from the old server to a much faster one at a new co-loc.

3. The new server didn't have PHP configured properly, zip installed, and had permission errors for the API htaccess files.

4. I corrupted the forum database when moving it. Coco had to do a fresh install of the forums and import all of the old accounts. Unfortunately the only backup I could get to work was a few months old.

Unfortunately I've been overwhelmed with actual work due to our move to rackspace.com and haven't been able to fix some of TheTVDB's issues right away. Coco and the myTV guys (http://mytv.senseitweb.com) put some serious work into getting the server moved.

The result of the above items is that some people wouldn't be able to get to the site at all, some people would, but random series wouldn't have the zipfile generated which is what XBMC uses for its updates.

A few hours ago everything got fixed (we think) and we started a regeneration of the entire XML structure, which will recreate the zipfiles and bring them up to date. This took 10-12 hours on the old server, so I expect anywhere from 6-10 hours on the new one.

So, you should be resolving thetvdb.com to 65.167.176.153. If you aren't clear your DNS cache. All other issues should be fixed in the next 6 hours.
Thanks for the update Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yup, that was indeed the problem. Both TheTVDB.com and TVTome were down over the weekend, or else I might have figured this one out myself. But today, TVDB and TVTome and IMBD are all working fine. Also, the the RSS and Weather were working for me all along.

Suggestion:

It might be good to improve the "Set Content" feature so that it has some kind of error dialog to warn users when the scraper fails because the online database couldn't be reached. Otherwise, this (fairly common) problem is a bit mysterious.
So it is still normal for some shows like American Dad to not scrape correctly?
Scraping works great for me now, BUT American dad doesn't work for some odd reason.
Ya, there is some issue with the api itself. The search from the website works, but not using API.

Entourage is another example of one that fails.

I'm guessing things are still getting sorted and will be back to normal soon.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

This is American Dad's zipfile. It looks fine to me. Most likely you were trying to get it before it was regenerated. The other possibility is that your DNS hasn't updated yet. In any case, give it time and let me know if it's still not working later tomorrow.

http://thetvdb.com/api/4144331619000000/...all/en.zip
Actually, nevermind. It looks like sphinx is acting up.

edit: fixed.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com website down (thus the TheTVDB scraper do not work?)?0