FanArt backdrop change while scrolling in the Aeon skin?
Question 
Is it possible to have the fanart backdrops change immediately while scrolling through the showcase, rather than waiting for the user to pause for the info window?

Also, is it possible to shorten the delay before the info window appears?
You can use File mode for this but then you'll lose the info window.
twonine Wrote:Is it possible to have the fanart backdrops change immediately while scrolling through the showcase, rather than waiting for the user to pause for the info window?

Also, is it possible to shorten the delay before the info window appears?

try the mod i made... it's got a secondary Showcase view which does exactly that...Big Grin
Thumbs Up 
xb2iris Wrote:try the mod i made... it's got a secondary Showcase view which does exactly that...Big Grin

Cool mod man! I'm impressed by all the work you've put into it. I'm gonna stick to the default Aeon for now, so I pulled the fanart scrolling part of your mod and reinserted it into the default Aeon skin, and it works great!

Thanks for the help.
@twonine,

Can you please share how you did this ?
Which xml file do I have to edit ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
And I would like to have a delay of 1 second when in file mode.
Is this possible too?
ewaterke Wrote:@twonine,

Can you please share how you did this ?
Which xml file do I have to edit ?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Well since this was my very first time looking at XBMC XML, I could be doing this entirely ham-handedly, but this is what I did:
1. Open MyVideoNav.xml in the 720p folder with a text editor.
2. Do a find for:
Code:
<control type="image" id="345">
3. Right above that line, add the following:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">Visible</animation>
    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0">VisibleChange</animation>
    <texture>$INFO[listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
    <visible>[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(movies)] + [Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(57)] + !Skin.HasSetting(listitemfanart)</visible>
</control>

That's it. Save and reload. The additional XML comes straight out of xb2iris' mod, except I changed it to work with the default showcase mode.

Like I said, my first attempt, so there could be a more streamlined method, but it works for me. Let me know if you run into a problem.
Thanks a lot !
I Will try tonight.
Very nice mod, I'm really impressed with this one. I have a suggestion for you for any further updates - how about a section where you can select a RSS feed from a pre-defined list, or enter your own address for one? Or maybe even have the option for it to scroll more than one RSS feed at a time?
I used that section of code from the mod.

My Fanart now changes immediately while scrolling.

However, i have noticed that while scrolling between each movie the transition is a little jerky....Any suggestions?

I mean, it doesnt seem as fluid as when i just had the plain grey background?
ethan_9219 Wrote:I used that section of code from the mod.

My Fanart now changes immediately while scrolling.

However, i have noticed that while scrolling between each movie the transition is a little jerky....Any suggestions?

I mean, it doesnt seem as fluid as when i just had the plain grey background?

That's the price you pay for having it change immediately unfortunately.
Ok...

I guess most people just have the movies background folder as the background, right? And it just cycles through the backdrops, but when the info shows up for a movie the fanart does as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FanArt backdrop change while scrolling in the Aeon skin?0