MediaStream v0.93 Released (29/09/2008)
Not too many significant changes this week as we've tried to take stock of what we've changed recently and tried to make sure it's all working correctly.

There's been a few additions to the sub menus on the Home screen as XBMC was changed recently so it no longer allows the user to start at Movie Titles and then navigate backwards (it will now take you back to Home if you try and navigate back too far). This meant we had to add more sub menu items to allow you to access stuff like Recently Added etc directly from Home.

Currently the lighter version of the theme is the default theme so if you want to see it in it's full glory then you'll need to select the Richer theme in the settings.

Over the coming weeks we're hoping to switch it around so that the richer theme will be the default and you'll need to select the lighter theme if you're having memory problems.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: Glass overlay to centre album in Coverflow view and tidied up the shadow overlays
  • Added: Quick letter navigation indicator to Coverflow view
  • Added: Option to display episode thumbs on the projector screen area of TV background
  • Added: By Genre, By Year and By Actor, Recently Added and Video Plugins menu items to Movies and TV Shows sub menus on Home (also added By Studio and By Director for Movies)
  • Added: Playlists menu items to Videos and Music sub menus on Home
  • Added: Suspend and Hibernate menu items to On/Off sub menu on Home (for non-Xbox platforms)
  • Added: Portuguese (Brazil) translation
  • Added: Initial FAQ document to the root folder of the skin (faq.txt)
  • Added: Change History document in root folder of the skin (changehistory.txt)
  • Fixed: Position of context menu in music screens when icons are hidden in list view
  • Fixed: Made sure background for weather info for Home is only shown when there is weather info to display
  • Fixed: Login screen to work better in default theme
  • Updated: Tidied up positioning of images displayed on the projector screen area of TV background
  • Updated: All Video menu item on Videos sub-menu on Home is changed to be Clips
  • Updated: Dashboard menu item on On/Off sub menu on Home should noly display for Xbox
  • Updated: Tidied up displaying of watched/unwatched overlays in list view
  • Updated: Dutch, Greek, Swedish, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional) and French translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.
Thank you

Will be running full tests and will report back.

Again thanks to all of the team for this amazing Skin

Stunts
great work guys! much appreciated!
Tested!!!

No immediate problems here

All is Silky Smooth

Another great update

Thanks
Nice one! Thanks for the rapid action Big Grin
I can't for the life of me get this working -

Added: Option to display episode thumbs on the projector screen area of TV background
First off, I just want to congratulate the entire Team on creating the single best theme I have ever used (both on XBMC and MythTV). This skin is so amazingly professional looking that it puts anything commercial to shame. THANK YOU for making this theme. It was the deciding factor for me to switch over to XBMC from MythTV.

Now on to the question: Is there a way to set the default menu item on the home page to something other than the Weather? Movies are the main reason I use XBMC and I'd like that to be the default. Thanks!

-k Cool
Khan Wrote:Now on to the question: Is there a way to set the default menu item on the home page to something other than the Weather? Movies are the main reason I use XBMC and I'd like that to be the default. Thanks!

mcfreiz Wrote:when i turn on the xbox it defaults to weather as the highlighed selection. how can i make it tv shows instead?

Aenima99x Wrote:If you're comfortable doing it, you need to modify the Home.xml
1. Find the <!-- Main Menu --> section in the file
2. Scroll a little ways down from there (I believe it's line 1261) and you'll see the menu buttons listed in order - Power Button, My System Menu, My Weather Button, etc
3. The item displayed at startup is actually the 3rd one in the list (My Weather Buton), so what you need to do is move the "My TV Shows Button" content above the Weather content and you'll be all set. You can arrange all of the menu items in any order you want.
4. Make sure when you move the menu item, that you move everything between <item id="#"> and </item>.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: This will make the 'flashing background' bug re-appear though.
Top stuff fellas!!!
Any more support for 4:3?
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Any more support for 4:3?

Tell us what's missing and we'll look into it (as far as I know the only thing we really still have to do for 4:3 is the Music Vis stuff)
Works great. Thanks.
Is it possible to change the 'no thumb' icon on our own? it's so negitive looking... i'd rather just have a default picture or nothing instead of the icon.
ok I will get a list of the things i see on 4:3 tonight.
UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:ok I will get a list of the things i see on 4:3 tonight.

Excellent, if you could add them to the Bugs and Suggestions (4x3 Aspect Ratio) thread we'll deal with them as and when. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.93 Released (29/09/2008)0