Movie playback freezes after a few seconds
I did see your other post and it was no help, when I switch to analog it does work but it comes out of my pc speakers. I want it to output to my receiver with 5.1 setup. Switching from analog to digital doesnt work. My setup use to work fine but it hasnt been same since format.
shanghei Wrote:I did see your other post and it was no help, when I switch to analog it does work but it comes out of my pc speakers. I want it to output to my receiver with 5.1 setup. Switching from analog to digital doesnt work. My setup use to work fine but it hasnt been same since format.

try to switch to one of the newest third party builds for windows. for me it worked since rev 16565.
cheers,azido :;):
where can I find these newer third party ones?
Gentlemen, I have tested several different OS's, Linux, XP, Server 2003, all 32 bit versions, the one I am testing now is Vista 64 bit version, and that is the only OS I had a problem with, but I found a solution to the .mkv and .iso stutter problem, at least those where the two containers giving me a problem, with starting and freezing after 5 seconds. Somehow during one of the Automatic Updates by Microsoft, it enabled the HDMI. I disabled HDMI, and left the SPDIF enabled, and all works well.

Hopefully this will help someone else with a similar problem.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
So I figured out my problem.

The digital audio plays fine when I select the spdif device as my default audio device for windows.

But before, the digital audio would automatically send to my digital device while my analog speakers were my default audio device.

Anyone know how to correct this? I would like for it to output to the digital outpout on default without me having to switch everytime I want to watch a movie.
shanghei Wrote:where can I find these newer third party ones?

let me put your head in this direction.

also, it's the first sticky thread in the XBMC for Windows section Nod
cheers,azido :;):
I had this problem with the stock 8.1 build, but installing Kricker's 16863 build took care of the issue. I hope this helps!

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie playback freezes after a few seconds0