Scrape to nfo
I wish to create a command line util using some of the xbmc code which basilcly gets imdb id and a folder where to put the nfo.
From the id it should scrape imdb and save the data into a nfo which will be picked up by xbmc.

Goal is to offload scraping on a pc server.

Any inspiration from a dev knowing the source?
It's not command line, but have you looked into XBMC Media Companion?
http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2238

Might give you some ideas Wink

...or if you mean to get at XBMC database then see http://sqlite.org
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Joe, I know it exists, but this is for use with MyMovies only when a movie is not in the database (read not available on physical media)

Cool tnx gamester, will look into it Smile
IF you would still like to make that tool (preferably cross platform) i'm ready to guide you all the way. our scraper devs are really missing such a thing
spiff, yes I still wanna code it but using Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition.
My idea was to use as much of the existing code and just clue it together. No need to reinvent the wheel here.
I have made a few patches for xbmc, but most of the source is uncharted territory, so a few pointers from a dev could save some time.
I have no idea how do code command line tools for neither Linux nor Mac though - not my platforms, but when pc version is done, porting should be easy.
Maybe the code could be put in svn.
Maybe I can catch you on irc some evening?
Thumbs Up 
ultrabrutal Wrote:yes I still wanna code it
C++ programming language, or? Huh ...that would be great! Nod

ultrabrutal Wrote:I have no idea how do code command line tools for neither Linux nor Mac though
I am not a programmer myself but may I suggest that you have a look at the build environment of MediaInfo (which is C++ open source) as it not only and can be compiled into a CLI (Command-Line Interface) tool but also a .dll (Dynamicly Linked Library) on Windows, .so (Shared Object) on Linux, and .dynlib (Dynamic Library) on Mac. That way it would even be possible for other third-party software applications to utilize it as well, all sharing the same source code.

ultrabrutal Wrote:Maybe I can catch you on irc some evening?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Appendix_D:_...ct_methods

We would all love to to have a multi-platform scraper tool Wink
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
just try to talk to me on irc, worst case scenario i'm not there/available
gamester, yes it would be c++ inorder to reuse existing code base properly.

I just wanted to do it simple...

input imdb id + a folder
output: nfo xml file with the scrapped data from imdb

I think in theory without knowing the codebase too well, this is more or less a matter of calling a few functions. I know one of them nfofile.save hehe

supporting multiple scrapers would probably need different input params

spiff, last two times I tried to msg you on irc you weren't there hehe. will try again
Feel free to msg me if I'm around as well. I shall endeavour to idle in #xbmc from time to time.

After too many hours trying to escape dependency hell, I need some help getting the gui out of settings. I have yet to write a single line of code on this.
Dependency hell starts easily by making a new console application, setting unicode to multibyte, adding videoinfotag to project and compiling. I managed to get rid of a lot of unneeded includes but settings is a show stopper because much code needs it.
I know the focus has never been on code reuse outside xbmc and therefore the source is more entangled and harder to reuse outside.
Perhaps a dev with more knowledge about the source could look into not needed dependencies when the time permits. Then I will give this another shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrape to nfo0