Is this a graphics card a problem?
Here is my PC config:
Machine: DELL optiplex GX280 SFF
Processor: P4 - 2.9GHz with integrated Intel 915G integrated processor
Memory: 512MB DDR2-533 - OK I agree I need to upgrade here
XBMC: Beta 1
REsolution: 1920x1450

TV: 60' DLP with DVI input WD57731

Problem: the computer image doesnt fill up my entire screen. There is a 1 inch border around the image on my TV. Any help is appreaciated.
Hmm.

My dad have this Sony HDTV TV (50 inches I think)... it's not either LCD or PLASMA and it got 2 inches black border around it whenever the computer is hooked up to it. Very awful.

Now, for me, I have LG LCD (42 inches I think, I never remember :p) and the computer's resolution of 1360x768 fit perfectly.

So, it could be your TV, I don't see how it could be your graphic card! (My opinion...)

I'll be back with more detail on my dad's TV soon.

Edited::

Did you try different resolution? Did you try configuring your TV by the menu?
I have tried every resolution on xbmc. the current resolution gives me the biggest image. everything elese only uses less than 50% of real estate. My PC doesnt allow my to change resolution.
nodbek Wrote:everything elese only uses less than 50% of real estate.

Do you mean like your TV? That's exactly what happened to my dad's TV too.. the smaller resolution it goes, the smaller the window goes, and the bigger the border get.

Never was able to fix it, I figured it was the TV.
Most TV's have an "auto calibrate" or similar setting that will setup the PC input properly.
Like Alt said, check for an auto calibrate on the tv, check all its setting and native resolution. You should consider changing your resolution down to 720 (1280 x 720) as your ram and video card are just making it, until you can upgrade.

You can also (in XBMC) set both video calibration and skin zoom. see if they help too.
changing to 720p did not work. it shrunk the screen. i realize I need to upgrade the memory. do you think i need to upgrade the graphics card?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this a graphics card a problem?0