not updating movies or series
well since ive started using XBMC (which seems to be very promising software, looking forward to what the dev team can bring) ive been strugling with the "update media library" function which dosnt seem to do the job right

thats the movies in my "movie" folder which is added in XBMC, now movies like "21", "iron man", "jumper", the bank job", "what happends in vegas".. well a grand total of 40 movies gets added but its missing out 8 movies (van wilder, cutthroat island, untracalbe to mention a few)

and when i re-installed xbmc and redid the add source->update library it found 1 movie, cutthroat island

want me to create a log file? if so, should i just start the program and try to update the library then shut it down again or what? :p

thanks in advance!

/joel

PS: im using vista
The absolute best thing you can do is to create a dummy filesystem from yours. i.e. replicate your filesystem entirely, but replace all the real video files with 0byte video files, named the same thing.

Then zip it up and upload it for others to test with. The more such example filesystems we have, the better we can create a test suite to test to make sure that we don't break stuff. To make this even better, you'd cut down the size of it as much as possible to a small set of movies that exhibit your problem - this makes it faster for us to reproduce + fix.

The second best thing would be a debug log, yes. Turn on debug logging (settings->system), restart, then update your library.

Pastebin the log and link to it from here.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ill try the second alternative first, if it dosnt help then i might do the first

i re-installed xbmc once again to get a "clean sheet", altho now it dosnt seem to find any movies at all? lol (the content is the same as in the first pic in the first post)

heres the log: http://pastebin.com/f1e629b6b

tell me if theres anything you want me to do

/joel

PS: thought i should add that uTorrent is accessing these files now and then to seed, but that shouldnt mess up xbmc right?
When you did a re-install, did you delete your user data files?
yeah, first i used the (im from sweden, dont know the right word) "built-in un-installer" Laugh in windows, then i browsed c:/program files/xbmc and deleted the intire folder

/joel
ok an update

when i rightlcick on a movie and press "movie information" (i use swedish lang pack) it will frezze xbmc for a few sec then show me all the info about the movie (probably collected from imdb) then it will show up in library mode with thumbnail and all. but when i use "search for new content" it wont gather any info or thumbnails (yes ive selected so it will update and gather info)

so i don think the "file search" function in xbmc is broken, more the issue with connecting to internet (maybe timeout related?)

im 100% the firewall isnt blockign xbmc, made sure of it Wink

any suggestions?

regards joel

PS: im using atlantis beta 2 right now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
not updating movies or series0