[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?
Ok, I used usb stick and it worked great..

But i have several questions..

1) How to i update to xbmc-nightly within Pin87a linux? apt-get install xbmc-nightly didnt work Big Grin
2) I dont have a sound over HDMI neither over toslink (i just need toslink) - Edit: fixed that. Just set audio to standard..
3) Is it better to mount the hfsplus drive just as ro (because its journaled) or can I mount it as rw?

I updated the image using this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74992&page=68
and updated the nvidia drivers:

sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live stop
sudo nvidia-installer --update
reboot

I am currently reading the long thread, but didnt find an answer yet Smile
the nightly builds should be in the download section of the launcher along with dharma, boxee and the chd drivers.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
thE_29 Wrote:Sry for doublepost (but i need to push it Big Grin)

Is this stil the way to update the pin87a image?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=571...tcount=668
Best regards..

Yes - those instructions work perfectly to update the driver and XBMC from Pin87a's image.
@HudsownHawk: Yeah in the launcher within ATV-OS i have there nightly builds Smile

Currently i am using the Pin87a image and i wonder how i can install the nightly builds there..
I guess i have to read pretty much Smile

All my questions from the previous posts are related to the Pin87a linux live-xbmc image for ATV!
thE_29 Wrote:@HudsownHawk: Yeah in the launcher within ATV-OS i have there nightly builds Smile

Currently i am using the Pin87a image and i wonder how i can install the nightly builds there..
I guess i have to read pretty much Smile

All my questions from the previous posts are related to the Pin87a linux live-xbmc image for ATV!

1) Boot from Pin's CrystalBuntu install first
2) Ssh in to your ATV.
3) Follow the link quoted in Brock's post above yours
4) Copy/paste the commands
5) You are now updated!

Jim

PS to succesfully mount a HFS+ drive rw then yes you are correct, you must disable journaling. However, I can speak from personal experience that it's not a great idea - after a power loss (or an unsuccessful dismount before power off) you will start to mess up your data.....
I already made the update procedure Smile

But how do I install the nightly builds? I just have the dharma 10 final from december!

And i am able to "force" rw mounting hfsplus, but is this good? is hfsplus not good supported in linux?
thE_29 Wrote:I already made the update procedure Smile

But how do I install the nightly builds? I just have the dharma 10 final from december!

And i am able to "force" rw mounting hfsplus, but is this good? is hfsplus not good supported in linux?

to install updates there need to be updates. When there is a PPA update available it will update .
At the moment dharma 10 is the latest.

I dont want you to stop asking questions, but nearly all questions you had are explained in 1 thread, and thats the one you are reading. I too had to do that, took some time but all question are answered when it comes to the ATV and Linux.
I am talking about the NIGHTLY BUILDS Smile (everynight a build is made...)

Not the stable builds which are made on every minor/major version.

You can fetch them on ATV and i just want to know, if you can download this nightly builds on the live-XBMC-linux for ATV too..

So a made from 27. december is the stable 10.0 build, but definitly NOT a NIGHTLY build!
thE_29 Wrote:I am talking about the NIGHTLY BUILDS Smile (everynight a build is made...)

Not the stable builds which are made on every minor/major version.

You can fetch them on ATV and i just want to know, if you can download this nightly builds on the live-XBMC-linux for ATV too..

So a made from 27. december is the stable 10.0 build, but definitly NOT a NIGHTLY build!

From XBMC main page on Feb 21, under news story "What's Happening"

Quote:Nightly builds were a big hit during the Dharma development phase, and proved to be very helpful for debugging. The move to git has slowed us down, but nightly builds started back up last night. Windows and OSX are up and running, our Ubuntu PPA will be up soon.

Patience...

Besides, it's not as if Dharma is so old that you're missing out on some amazing new features. Look at the commits in the source. Nothing too earth shattering in the dailies that you're missing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV] 1080p Full Screen (FullHD FullScreen)?0