• 15(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
tyler Wrote:Good news Smile

I am having a problem currently. Whenever I use the media buttons (play/stop/FW etc) the remote stops responding until I double click the XBMC icon again in the taskbar.

I run XBMC in a fullscreen window on my TV and have to double click on the XBMC icon on the laptop screen to 'reactivate' it I guess.

Anyone had this issue?

Not sure what could be causing this, maybe the application is taking focus. In which case, try one of my experimental releases (links to which are on twitter).

Which version are you using out of interest?
cheetah05 Wrote:I have found a way to get the remote to hibernate properly and save battery on all machines now (including 64bit ones!)....check my twitter for the new release soon: https://twitter.com/#!/BenBarrondotCom

Might have to return to using this remote if it works Big Grin
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
cheetah05 Wrote:Not sure what could be causing this, maybe the application is taking focus. In which case, try one of my experimental releases (links to which are on twitter).

PS3 Remote Application - v1.0 BETA

Not tried the experimental versions. My XBMC version is 10.0 Dharma.

I tried running as true full screen and not fake but it still does the same. The remote works 100% until I hit play/pause/stop/fw/rw etc

It's less of a problem than it sounds as I use the arrows to skip and enter to play but it's still not ideal.
the latest experimental release (14) looks promising for hibernation support

Tested and seems to be working on

- Win7 32bit with WidComm (UAC off)

- Win7 64bit with a microsoft stack (UAC off)
VoxCommando.com
superarcan Wrote:BD Remote Power Manager 1.0.1 put PS3 BD Remote to sleep mode / sniff mode / low-power state mode, after a time of inactivity to save battery life...

I cannot get the power manager to locate my PS3 remote. Populate Items shows on the display "Populating... (Please wait.)" but doesn't populate the two drop-down lists. It is possible for me to locate the values for those two fields (Bluetooth Address and HID Device) manually somehow? Huh
Ben's recent tweet says "Guess I will have to find another way of getting the remote to hibernate..." So, I assume his app isn't quite working yet.
onlineaddy Wrote:Ben's recent tweet says "Guess I will have to find another way of getting the remote to hibernate..." So, I assume his app isn't quite working yet.
Yeah, it's weird cause I thought it was working. My multimeter is broken so I can't tell for sure if it's working. It's kind of hard to follow tweets where you can only see 1/2 the conversation.

I really don't know why he prefers twitter to a forum for this type of thing.
VoxCommando.com
Hello boys and girls,

Yeah from my recent tweet it may look like I need to find a new way to hibernate the remote. I will be able to tell for sure when I get to test it out myself. As I don't have my remote with me I can't and have to rely on the reports of others.

Thanks.
Ben
No problem, Ben. Just update us here whenever you are able to. Appreciate it.
cheetah05 Wrote:Not sure what could be causing this, maybe the application is taking focus. In which case, try one of my experimental releases (links to which are on twitter).

I fixed this by changing the config of those buttons to the media tagged definitions instead of CTRL+SHIFT+P for play etc (which it was by default) and it works great now. Still using BETA 1.0
tyler Wrote:I fixed this by changing the config of those buttons to the media tagged definitions instead of CTRL+SHIFT+P for play etc (which it was by default) and it works great now. Still using BETA 1.0

The experimental versions that are on my Twitter page stop the issue you were getting I think.

Thanks.
Ben.
onlineaddy Wrote:No problem, Ben. Just update us here whenever you are able to. Appreciate it.

I will try and remember to post here, the best thing to do is check my twitter/follow me for the most recent updates.

However, there are many members here that already do, so I am sure someone will update you when there is a solution Smile.
Hi,

Just a quick one - does anyone know a way of loading this app as a service as I would like to use this with xbmc running as a shell...any ideas?

Looked at eventghost, and not for me.

Cheers

K

UPDATE - scrub that - now have xbmc as a shell and using my andriod tablet...job's a good'un.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Anyway, you can use SilentLaunch to replace the shell and run list of apps on login.
http://lars.werner.no/?p=117
If anyone of you are still struggling with the remote control sleep/sniff mode using the integrated Windows Bluetooth stack, I've written something that you can test. Download Ps3RemoteSleep from the CodePlex project page.

Please read the description of the project. You can use EventGhost to call the application.
A few important notes:
- .NET 3.5 Framework required. Should already be part of Windows 7 installation.
- The application can take up to 15 seconds to process the hibernation and will quit when finished.
- Run the application with "/log" argument to show a small debug form. Note that the application does not quit when finished when running in this mode. If your Bluetooth dongle doesn't have a LED to see the traffic (and when the remote is sleeping) use this to diagnose.
- Must be run as either Administrator, or with UAC disabled.

Please leave me feedback either on Codeplex on this thread on whether it works for you or not. I tested it only on Windows 7 64-bit.

Then for those who would like to know about the inner workings:
This is a very crude workaround to getting the remote to sleep. The application works by disabling the HID service of the Playstation remote control and then re-enabling it, effectively "disconnecting" the remote. The PS3 remote, after disconnection will return to its low power draw sleep mode and then connect with a slight delay upon the next keypress.
Cheers and good luck.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC4