• 6(current)
Library update is REALLY slow!
Yeah, library is still slow, however, I did notice that it now grabs missing info from shows already scanned, is this a new addition?
Anybody? We were going so well...
Has anybody tried a newer xbmc, and if so is this fixed?
Is this issue fixed in T3CH XBMC 2009-02-18 SVN rev17820 ? I've read thru the changes but couldn't find anything related to this issue.
markiz Wrote:Is this issue fixed in T3CH XBMC 2009-02-18 SVN rev17820 ? I've read thru the changes but couldn't find anything related to this issue.

Wondering the same here.
I read through all the changes and didnt see anything that may be related to the slow scanning so I was waiting to see others comments.
I'm using that version, but it's still going very slowly for me. I'm just scanning the TV Series at the moment, but it's taking about 10-20 minutes per series (depending, I guess, on how many episodes there are).

I've enabled debug logging this time, so I'll be interested to see the output.
This is really annoying now, I have to scan everything manually! Grrrrrr!
Has somone even filed a bugreport for this issue yet?
Has anyone tried the current SVN-head (and compiled from source) and checked whether that fixed the issue?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
T3CH XBMC 2009-03-04 SVN rev18221 - can't see anything about this issue in the logs though.
FYI: I did change some stuff recently in SVN that could improve things. But instead of guessing and browsing through the logs, why not just give it a try?
A few questions:

1. This bug applies to Music directory scans in addition to Video, right?

2. How can I manually scan (as chunkhead mentioned)? Is this simply the Scan to Library from the context menu?

3. Is anybody addressing the caching issues?

4. Is it recommended to enable Update Library on Startup (Settings -> Music)? Will this bog it down if I have a huge music collection?

Thanks!!!
This is STILL not fixed!?

I'm not fussed that it takes ages to scan initially, but why slow when checking for changes? As suggested previously, iis it re-caching the thumbs?

I need XBMC to update when it turns on to catch any changes from the server. As it stands, this issue has prevented me from doing this for months...

Xbox might not be a priority any more, but the would be really appreciated if this could be sorted!
arnova Wrote:FYI: I did change some stuff recently in SVN that could improve things. But instead of guessing and browsing through the logs, why not just give it a try?

----^ If no one cares about replying to my suggestions, nothing gets fixed.... If it's not fixed, you know the drill (I hope)...
I'm not following...

What exactly do you need me to do? I have tried every build to date, nothing has improved!?

I'm here to help get this sorted, I just don't know what to do next!

Cheers!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update is REALLY slow!0