• 4(current)
Library update is REALLY slow!
I was quite up to date, maybe only a few weeks if that behind when I switched over to Atlantis. That's where the trouble started. As I posted earlier, I only changed because the scrapers had stopped working!
Yep, but can you actually confirm for sure that beta2 didn't have the problem?
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
No, I switched from the normal XBMC (just before Atlantis) to Beta 2. This is when the issues started!
Could please be more specific about the SVN version it still worked or even better: did any of the Atlantis Alphas have this problem? We really need to isolate the exact version it broke...
I didn't use any of the Alphas, just Beta. I was using probably the last SVN version prior to Atlantis Alpha i'd say! Sorry I can't be more specific!
The build date is in system info...
If no one cares to figure out which exact version it broke, we won't fix it. It's as simple as that. You ask us to do stuff (fix bugs) and in turn we ask you do provide the necessary info. All Xbox SVN builds from t3ch are available on the net, so anyone can use/test these..... This will be my last comment here till someone provides something we can use....
Just found this thread...maybe I can help narrow it down as I have seen this issue for a long while now.

I pulled my archive of releases and tested using nfo files (archieved with XBMC Media companion). Setting the content to IMDB and turning off all the options. What I observed with a scan of 5 movie files over the network (stored on SMB) was that there is a significant scan time increase from builds XBMC-SVN_2008-07-28_rev14439-T3CH
to XBMC-SVN_2008-08-12_rev14853-T3CH-ALPHA3.rar

Versions trialed:

6_30: 15 seconds max per show....some down to 2-3 seconds
7_28: 15 seconds max per show....some down to 2-3 seconds
8_12: 60 seconds max per show....some down to 30 seconds
9_19: 60 seconds max per show....some down to 30 seconds
12_30: 80 seconds minimum per show....took 10 minutes to scan 5 shows

The 12_30 one seems to be looking for many files 1 by 1 over SMB which do not exist and taking 2-10 seconds to time out between each. Local scan goes faster but is still a large increase over prior versions. Not an expert here but a read or single search loading the data with a variable compare would probably speed things up considerably for this. It is not increase that happened back July to August though. There were some scrapper changes there but having trouble pinning it down even with the logs...

I can send these to someone or post them up on a site if someone sends me a location. Not used to filing bug reports but can if needed.

Just to add my 2 cents...with NFO's and SMB the library scan is almost not usable. I can set up a folder of 200 movies and leave it overnight and it will complete but I have over 2700 items in my library including TV shows. Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated.
use trac. please, anything that helps narrowing it down (you've done alot already, cheers)
The problem has been fixed in SVN :-D -> http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/16899

Big thanks fly out to rynoc for isolating the issue....
this is great news. I can't wait for the latest build.
Just tried this on the xbox and it is much much faster. Scared me when the progress bar was moving so fast lol. Thanks rynoc and AlTheKiller Smile
SHAZcat07 Wrote:Just tried this on the xbox and it is much much faster. Scared me when the progress bar was moving so fast lol. Thanks rynoc and AlTheKiller Smile

Is this new build the 12/30 on the T3CH site? Or is there a newer one I'm missing?
Thanks
dtviewer Wrote:Is this new build the 12/30 on the T3CH site? Or is there a newer one I'm missing?

No. You'll have to compile it yourself or wait for a new T3CH release.
A600 Wrote:No. You'll have to compile it yourself or wait for a new T3CH release.

Thanks-That is what I figured.
That said.....
is it hard to compile a build?
is there a how to? (I'll go check the wiki now....)

Edit: Found the instructions to compile. I'll give it a try tonight...Thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update is REALLY slow!0