Video playing inconsistent and buggy?
Hello,

First of all I'd just like to say great skin, fantastic design I really appreciate your work.

I'm using 0.92 at the moment but have also used several previous versions. I'm on the latest T3ch release of XBMC and it's solely installed on the Xbox, installed after a fresh format of a new 80gb HDD.

I have searched through the forum for info on this but haven't found any. Apologies if I've missed it.

I seem to have problems playing video files and it only seems to happen when using the MediaStream skin. Video files can abruptly stop playing at random points even though the cache is at 80%. Also when using the left, right, up and down arrow buttons on the remote to jump forward and back, the video abruptly stops after I've done it. The same happens with fast forward and rewind. It seems to happen more with TS files recorded from satellite streams than anything else.

Also after opening maybe 3 or 4 video files in a row, it just stops opening video files altogether and does nothing when I try to play them. If I restart XBMC from the power menu then all is well for the next 3 or 4 videos, then it stops playing them again.

I've tested extensively when using other skins (xTV, Focus, PM3) and it never happens. All of the videos are from network shares on either a samba NAS share (direct cable link through a switch) or a Windows share on a PC (wireless connection but solid and good bandwidth).

I don't see how it can be your skin, especially as nobody else seems to have mentioned it, but I can't get around the fact that it never happens unless I'm using MediaStream.

Hope you can help, or categorically tell me that it's nothing to do with MediaStream. Either response would be appreciated!

Thanks.
ears

This sounds like you have a memory usage issue. Have you custom fanart etc enabled? One thing you could try is the lite version of the skin also decrease the cache size for your streaming content in settings.

Can you give some more info on your configuration of MediaStream etc and what resolution you are running at. I have MediaStream running at 720p with fanart etc in place on my Xbox and very rarely have any memory issues even running the richer version.

D
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36450
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36146
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37835
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks very much for the tips - never used fan art but some time ago had severe problems with wireless and bumped video cache up to the max in am attempt to improve streaming.

Had since reorganised everything to get rid of the problem but hadn't brought the cache back down. Did that on your suggestion and everything seems back to normal.

Thanks!

Oh and thanks for a great skin that makes £20 worth of xbox look like a £1000 media player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playing inconsistent and buggy?0