• 6(current)
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?
spiff Wrote:if i understand the need correctly we need a "custom" field to handle this. that is easy. question is how to handle it ui wise

OK, read some other threads on offline DVDs support. Seems they always ended in dead alley :-)

So, how about adding DB field <DISC>offline_DVD_number_here</DISC> (if it's missing then it would be online title), and let skinners do the rest?

I suppose showing ratings, year, genre, etc. is somehow defined through a skin? No whistles and bells, just simple additional field in library, shown in UI as the other fields are been shown now, or text "online" (or "grumpy" Wink) is show if this field has no value. So, is it feasible this way? Rolleyes

Yes I know I can manually rewrite DVD release years with offline collection numbersConfused They show fine right now and I personally don't care about them, content counts. It's just that it would be a barbarian workaround...Eek

This solution could maybe serve as a universal one. In case .nfo contains <DISC>xx</DISC> , scraper will gather data as in case of fake.avi files and catalog that title as offline Cool
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Anyway guys,

merry Christmas and happy New year to everybodyRofl I wish you all even better XBMC!Cool Be back in January.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

So when using hte mymovies xml what scraper if any do i choose?
AaronG85 Wrote:So when using hte mymovies xml what scraper if any do i choose?

You can choose whatever you want as its only used in case no xml is found.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Question 
Ok, I am new to the forums here, but have around 15,000 posts on various other forums including being a mod on mp3car.com (One of the largest forums on the net), as well as a computer tech, so I hate starting out as a noob in a new forum... that being said....... Smile

Ok, I have been testing XBMC on my XP MCE machine, and LOVE it! It is so much faster, cleaner and nice looking than using XP's MCE and MyMovies plugin. I have been using that plugin for some time though, and have all of my movies cataloged with almost 100% of all info for all 2,486 movies in my collection. I am also one of the top 15 contributors to the MyMovies online community supported database.

I am running XP MCE 2005 SP2

My Movies are organized in individual folders:

DVDs\The Matrix\
...........................The Matrix.avi
...........................Folder.jpg
...........................MyMovies.xml

With 2,486 movies, you can see where I do not want to have to start from scratch by scraping together another database, and then having to clean it up.

I used XBMC to scan a test 100 movies, and it got a lot of them wrong, sorry to say. For instance, for the movie "My Sassy Girl" it found and used "Yeopgijeogin Geunyeo", and of course the cover was incorrect as well.

As mentioned, I have used MyMovies and each individual folder has a MyMovies.xml in the folder, as well as a hi-res Folder.jpg file.

(By the way, you can export the entire movie collection from MyMovies into a single XML file containing ALL Movie info. I also read above about someone using DVD Profiler, that also allows you to export an XML file as well containing all movie info for your collection. So it would just be a matter of parsing out the info and adding it to the XBMC SQL DB. Possibly a Import with MyMovies & DVD Profiles as options for the import?)

Ok, now a couple of questions:

Is there something that needs to be done to enable the MyMovies.xml to be used? I found a closed ticket with a Google search, but nothing else.

That ticket has a link to what appears to be a couple of altered files:
- xbmc/VideoInfoScanner.cpp
- xbmc/VideoInfoTag.cpp

I have no *.cpp files at all in the xbmc/ folder, and not sure if I should or not, copying the ones from the trouble ticket does not work well, as they are html formatted with line numbers and such.

Now, when I right click the incorrect title, and choose "Movie Information", then in the bottom left hit refresh, the off the wall title "Yeopgijeogin Geunyeo" is the top selection, and right below it is "My Sassy Girl" (The correct movie) My folder that the movie is in is named "My Sassy Girl", and the video in that folder is named "My Sassy Girl.avi". Being this is an EXACT match for both the folder name, as well as the avi name, why would it not use the exact match to import with and put the Japanese(?) one at the top of the list?

Lastly, why is it not using the Folder.jpg in the folder that the video file is located in? Going through and looking at the 100 movies it imported, the covers are a mix and mash, some lo-res, some sideways, some with white borders(prob Amazon scrapes), some with disks sticking out of them haha and so forth. Is there a way to force it to use the Folder.jpg that is in the video folder already? The folder.jpg's I have are all good resolution and at least 600 pixels in width.

Thanks, and any help is much appreciated!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
The ticket you refer to has been merged. I do not know which revision your XBMC build is - if it's atlantis then you do not have this patch in your version!
Only way to get it is to find a new build or learn how to do builds yourself (all in the wiki and totally free to do).

I would suggest that you wipe your old database and start over. With the mymovies patch info from the xml files will be added to the xbmc database when you update your library.
Regarding the cover, then the patch uses whatever the xml refers to in the covers/front tag.
I just downloaded it a few days ago, and was the one avail on the DL link on the main XBMC page. For the life of me I can not find a "About" to get the version number anywhere in the interface! I figured it would be under the system tab somewhere....

EDIT: Installer exe states version 8.10

So just to make it clear, the MyMovies importer is NOT in the latest 8.10 official release... correct?

As for the cover art, the MyMovies.sml refers to:
<Front>mymovies-front.jpg</Front>

This is stored in User applications under docs and settings in hi-res jpg format. Will XBMC copy that image to application data and convert to the tbn's to use? I would like to do away with MyMovies all together.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
Correct it's not in 8.10 which is Atlantis. You need the latest SVN build - google it or learn how to do it via freely available software - that way you will always have the latest XBMC Smile

The mymovies-front.jpg file will be used as is. It will not be renamed. A thumb will be automaticly created for it in userdata folder.
Cool, thanks for the help and tips. This Site makes it easy, No building necessary Smile

From the looks of that link your finding the T3CH XBOX builds - no workie on XP! However this link might help :-)

I didn't know that the My Movies XML was being used. I happen to use DVD Profiler and years ago My Movies would import from DVD Profiler. I'd hate to have to go through a convoluted path to get there but maybe I need to load My Movies to get at the DVD Profiler data? <sigh> It would be nice if a 3rd party tool would leverage this data and the high rez artwork while still giving the ability to get FanArt and perhaps trailers. So far I have tried both 3rd party tools out with only one getting me usable data so far and the other not quite there, both of them though need some work before I'll be 100% happy. Both are also works in progress so patience is a virtue Smile

As for the scraper having a hard time finding the files. Do a search on IMDB natively and see what is found using the exact text from your folder. I won't be surprised if you find that the search yields multiple results which is where the ambiguity occurs - the Japanese film might even come up first in the list. When using the 3rd party tools that allowed direct interactive queries of IMDB I often found this the case with my collection, likewise with the XBMC scraper. The only reason I am looking at the 3rd party tools is because XBMC had issues with some of my movies and the 3rd party stuff was more flexible plus putting XML in the folders means I won't have to do it again if I lose my database (again heh).

End goal I'd like to see is a 3rd party tool that's extremely accurate, stable, and polished. A tool that could use data from sources like IMDB, Amazon, and of course things like My Movies and DVD Profiler along with the FanArt sites. It's obviously bunches of work but if we could pull from DVD Profiler\My Movies I'd think it would be easier than IMDB at least since those tools already pull the data needed in a polished high rez format <shrug>
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:From the looks of that link your finding the T3CH XBOX builds - no workie on XP! However this link might help :-)

When you download the file, it also has a Win32 folder with the XP build in it.

Yea MyMovies did at one time import movies from the DVD Profiler xml export. I have not been happy since MyMovies dropped the ability to add movies from IMDB. If its not in MyMovies Database, you are out of luck.

As for the Japanese titles, it more has to do with popularity it seems. I remembered looking for "Meet the Spartans" and getting the following result:

Popular Titles (Displaying 1 Result)
1. Disaster Movie (2008)
aka "Meet the Spartans 2" - USA (working title)
aka "Meet the Spartans 2: The Story of McLover & The Kingdom of the Crystal Beer Can" - USA (working title)

Titles (Exact Matches) (Displaying 1 Result)
1. Meet the Spartans (2008)

It seems with a small bit tweaking on the IMDB parser, it could easily be fixed. Just a matter of looking for "Titles (Exact Matches)", and if it exists, then use it, if not, then use the first result returned.

I had a TON of movies that it just assumed it was the top one, all the while it ignored the exact match for the movie title.

Wow, seems I have been out of the loop with My Movies and that it's gone downhill. I will bet that IMDB or someone got after him for using their site Sad I see what you mean about the scraper, I am not sure who maintains it but you might be able to get hold of them and ask about some tweaks. For that matter you might even be able to get into the source and propose a patch if you have the skills and it's not too extensive a change. I too had plenty that came up weird and thus my search for something 3rd party dedicated to the task - getting that sort of extensive functionality into XBMC would be asking a bit much but in a 3rd party tool it could be done.

Have you looked at both of the 3rd party tools? Name for other one escapes me and might be rude to name here anyway heh. Oh, appreciate the info on the T3CH builds - I may try that on Vista myself actually.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Ok, I just re-read this entire thread, post by post Smile

I still am not sure on which package to download, as well as a lot of other people. The link you supplied above goes to a page with 3 different packages. Which one contains the MyMovies.xml importer? There are not dates as to when they were built ect.

ultrabrutal mentions the lastest SVN build, yet that is not one of the builds on the link above. Googling SVN comes up with nothing but builds for the Xbox, and nothing for the PC.
I am sure I am not the only one wanting to do this, as this thread is full of questions, and no direct answers really.

Would it be too much like spoon feeding a noob to ask for a direct link, or at least instructions ect? Smile

Oh you are out of luck then.. Learn to compile for yourself: http://xbmc.org/development/ it's free and fairly easy for a tech savy dude like you. You don't need to be a programmer.
You can then do daily builds for yourself and post these svn builds for others to use.
When you finally do get all the answers you can update the wiki with the info that people request so they can be refered there
Opensource people are not really spoon feeders. Noobs needs to readup and commit. Remember this is all done in peoples sparetime for no money Smile
ultrabrutal Wrote:Remember this is all done in peoples sparetime for no money Smile

Hahah yea, of that I am WELL aware, I am a moderator, as well as one of the top skin devlopers on MP3Car.com, with over 3,000 posts, and it's like a 2nd job... again all for free. You can check out some of my handy work here.

I have decided to go another route other than just trying to use the mymovies.xml's. I just requested an API key from TMDB and hopefully will have a nice little app put together in the hopefully near future for users of XBMC :-)

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using "My Movies" movie collection management software as source for movie meta data?1