Released: XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 2
l.capriotti Wrote:Work in progress, we are uploading the image again.

Cool, are there any ETA on when the new ati drivers will be added. I think that this is one of the most important things to do to support as many computers as possible without having major issues.
the file is up now.
I'm downloading Live Atlantis Beta 2 at this moment!

Thanks to all who made this possible! Big Grin
yes Luigi re-uploaded it.
the old stats was Attempted downloads, not succesful downloads.
I seriously doubt anyone managed to DL the first time
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Just did a quick test of the new version.

I tested it on work b4 i left. On a HP workstation with a Nvidia quadro 3500 Smile

And yes i managed to install it to local hardrive, no problem.

also tested with a connected removable WD passport usb disk on 120GB. just for fun but that didnt seem to work.
the removable disk did get detected and i could choose the sdb disk. the files got copyed without any errors. It just doesent boot.

Looking good and gonna test some more when i get home !!

great work guys !
Thanks! I was waiting for the update.
Downloading now and will test for both Intel and NVidia.
I just wanna thank the developers.

I downloaded the Beta 2 LiveCD today, burned it, booted my first htpc. Installed (too hdd) it (takes about 3-5 minutes on 500gb hd), rebooted, and everything except my digital sound worked. I connected to my smb shares and played hd movies and music flawless. I connected to the htpc with ssh, and turned on the digital sound, and that worked too. I got so happy that I installed it on my second htpc also. Smile
All in all, the configuration that I had to make (adding movies and music to database, select region, and so on) took about ten minutes. Give and take a couple of minutes it took 20 minutes to get everything up and running on the first htpc, and 20 more on the second.

I have been using linux for about a year, so I am absolutely no proffessional. I believe anyone could install and configure this with a little help from a "how-to".

Thanks guys, keep the great work going! If I ever get a penny over (I am a student) I will donate it right away (hopefully I will not remain a student foreverWink)!
ahhhh, some sweet, sweet downloading action!

Thanks heaps guys Smile
Question 
I installed "live beta 1" on hard drive following this instructions
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=221542&postcount=3

When beta 2 was released I upgraded xbmc with
Code:
aptitude upgrade
and nvidia driver with
Code:
mount -o loop restrictedDrivers.nvidia.img /mnt/tmp
cp -a /mnt/tmp/* /

Is this upgrade to beta 2 complete or did I missed something?
you miss nothing but some new system files. If you have a working setup you are done.
Thanks for this excellent software and the LiveCD. I'm using it in my both HTPCs. Now let me share my experience with upgrading to Beta2 from Beta1.

Upgrade to Beta2 isn't that straightforward as copying the img files from Beta2 iso image to Beta1 USB stick. The permanent (ext3fs) file system image has the kernel modules for Nvidia (probably ATI too) copied there so that needs to be replace manually from Beta2. I couldn't do that because for some reason the permanent storage went full (no space on device error message when I tried to scp), though I have there 4GB USB stick and used all the space when creating it (as I see this is a common problem).

Then I decided to make a backup of ~/.xbmc and couple of files from /etc I modified. Then just created a new USB install out of the ISO image and restored the backed up files. So far it works fine (knock on wood).
This is the same method i use. Boot up my working and modified beta1.
Then i ftp from my windows PC and copy out the xbmc dir and some files from the /etc directories.
Then i just copy them back with same method on the beta2.

However on beta one there is a problem that the filessytem goes out of space. This happened to me after i had run som aptidude upgrade a couple of times. Suddenly the place where this update packages got stored ran full.
Doesent mather i created a large userfile.

I hope that next time it creates a larger filesystem so that we can install more custom packages and do more updates.
erix Wrote:The permanent (ext3fs) file system image has the kernel modules for Nvidia (probably ATI too) copied there
For the sake of being precise this is incorrect, as the NVIDIA/AMD drivers are stored on the two restrictedDrivers.* files!

Nonetheless, the image full issue needs to be investigated further.
I have mounted the ext3fs.img on my laptop and it had the nvidia kernel module there.
I came to this conclusion after I tried to copy the restricted img files to my beta1 installation and the X failed to start with the error messages in kernel log telling about different versions of kernel module and client. Then I started to search from where it loads the kernel module and why it didn't get eclipsed from restricted img...

Of course I might be totally wrong here.
oke,

I made a 2 GB USB stick with Beta2 twice.

on my laptop: Ati Radeon X2300
The ext3fs.img file should be 1500MB, but ends up being only 7,168 MB?

When I boot, the system stops saying cp error, and that there is no more space available?

I tested the USB stick for errors using "h2testw". It writes files to the USB stick, reads them and then checks if there are any errors. none!

On my Desktop: Ati mobility Radeon X1250:
It boots to black screen again. When I boot using safe, it stops at LIRC, saying that there is already a LIRCD proces active.

"not starting X" [fail]

So, whats going wrong.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Released: XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 21