Released: XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 2
XBMC Live Atlantis Beta2 has been released and is available at sourceforge.

Main changes since last release:

* updated NVIDIA drivers, 177.78
* enhanced XBMC Live creator, with bug fixes and new functionality such as install to hard disk. WARNING: THE HARD DISK WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED!

Updated AMD/ATI drivers could not get through this time, they will be ready for next release - or even earlier than that..
Is it possible to update without losing the cached data?
yes, replace the beta1 .img file with the newer ones.
Alternatively build a beta2 Live USB and replace ext3fs.img with yours from beta1.
I have not tested it, though.
I cant get beta2, it seems that the mirrors havent got the file yet
l.capriotti Wrote:* enhanced XBMC Live creator, with bug fixes and new functionality such as install to hard disk. WARNING: THE HARD DISK WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED!

great. thanx.

is a bootmenu also included or planed for later revisions? like booting to xbmc live (HDD0) or Vista (hdd1)?
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Yeah, I'm in the same boat cloud79. I've tried a bunch of mirrors, they all just time out. Maybe XBMC is just THAT popular that SF can't handle it Smile
l.capriotti Wrote:XBMC Live Atlantis Beta2 has been released and is available at sourceforge.

Maybe you could add torrent download as an option to spread it even more?
l.capriotti Wrote:XBMC Live Atlantis Beta2 has been released and is available at sourceforge.

* enhanced XBMC Live creator, with bug fixes and new functionality such as install to hard disk. WARNING: THE HARD DISK WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED!

Updated AMD/ATI drivers could not get through this time, they will be ready for next release - or even earlier than that..

You do mean partition rite ... ? or all the partitions on that particular drive will be erased
the entire DISK will be erased!
Glad i asked

Will stick to usb i guess for now

Please can someone start a torrent or something :S ... cant find any mirrors
None of the sourceforge mirrors work for download. They all forward on to each other, creating an endless loop which firefox gets fed up with after 20 iterations. Is there anywhere else we can download live beta 2 from?
Code:
[b]Redirect Loop[/b]
Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.  
Unable to load the requested page.  
This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to
retrieve the requested item.
The site is redirecting the request in a
way that will never complete.

It should be noted that the problem seems to be only with the live cd. All the other beta2 downloads seem to work.

Does this one mount and play DVD disks properly?
red_lego_man Wrote:Does this one mount and play DVD disks properly?

try and tell me...
I can't wait to try if the suspend mode works (with my config) with beta2 BUT I can't find any working mirrors Sad
patience is a virtue! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Released: XBMC Live Atlantis Beta 21