Win Install Kodi 16 triggers SmartScreen warning
Hi there,

I just downloaded the Windows installer for Kodi 16.0 and wanted to install on my Win 10 laptop but I get presented with this Windows SmartScreen message:

Translated it basically says the App is unkown and might pose a risk. And the issuer is "Unknown".

Never had this message with any of the previous versions, even the Betas and RCs...

Just thought you'd like to know since it might put off new users when they get presented with a message like that...
Smartscreen is reputation based, one of the variables in the reputation score is the amount of downloads. This notification should disappear when more users download the bits. It would help if the Kodi team signed the installer, that contributes to a good Smartscreen score - close to none malware is signed (yet).
Thanks for the information!

Just tried it again on a different machine and there the message didn't show up. Guess the "critical mass" of installations has been reached Wink
Get shot of that microsoft crap and all the rest and run spybot and avast, just suggestions of many better options than MS windows defender that couldnt defend itself out of a paper bag.

Please note this is opinion based and of course there will be others with different attitudes and whilst i respect them do you know how windows 10 spys on you hehehehe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Kodi 16 triggers SmartScreen warning0