• 6(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
I know that the new builds could be broken, but I have to question.Smile
I have grabbed the new directx version of the XBMC and I have noticed that my combination of orig. XBOX IR + Logitech Harmony does not work anymore with this build.
Has this to do how directx accesses the XBOX IR?
Can this be fixed or should I use another software. Perhaps Eventghost?
At the moment I use the IRXBOX software.

thanks in advance
can anyone here pls confirm if Window Media Center MCE PC remote works for xbmc on my xp laptop?

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Windows-M...286.c0.m14)

pls help
zoing Wrote:I know that the new builds could be broken, but I have to question.Smile
I have grabbed the new directx version of the XBMC and I have noticed that my combination of orig. XBOX IR + Logitech Harmony does not work anymore with this build.
Has this to do how directx accesses the XBOX IR?
Can this be fixed or should I use another software. Perhaps Eventghost?
At the moment I use the IRXBOX software.

thanks in advance

i too just installed dx version of xbmc for windows, and i can confirm that there is no response from remote while using IRXBOX:-(

/edit
i can confirm that build XBMCSetup-Rev23658-gl.exe +DX as well as XBMCSetup-Rev23329-gl.exe for some reason have connectivity with IRBOX not functioning.

had to roll back to previous install

tried changing ports for event server etc and made no difference.

/edit

regards;
Dam0
Dam0 Wrote:i too just installed dx version of xbmc for windows, and i can confirm that there is no response from remote while using IRXBOX:-(

/edit
i can confirm that build XBMCSetup-Rev23658-gl.exe +DX as well as XBMCSetup-Rev23329-gl.exe for some reason have connectivity with IRBOX not functioning.

had to roll back to previous install

tried changing ports for event server etc and made no difference.

/edit

regards;
Dam0
witch version did you roll back toHuh
at moment for me only SVN 22516 is working with my xbox1 remote,anything after 22516 the remote does not work.
using IRBOX .
any solutionsHuh
"witch version did you roll back to"

The last working version for me is also the 22516.

regards zoing
can anyone help with this matterHuh
what remote are you using guys with the latest SVN BUILDS?
i had XBMCSetup-Rev22076 on archive on my network, so i just went back to that installer.

im gonna attempt to install eventghost at somestage, as nobody is complaining about that not working yet. there is a guide which sems to make the install just a matter of install the eventghost apps, then tick xbmc and load up the keymap assignments(all provided already by the nice dude.)

link is here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45337

lets all cross our fingers

regards,
Dam0
Dam0 Wrote:i had XBMCSetup-Rev22076 on archive on my network, so i just went back to that installer.

im gonna attempt to install eventghost at somestage, as nobody is complaining about that not working yet. there is a guide which sems to make the install just a matter of install the eventghost apps, then tick xbmc and load up the keymap assignments(all provided already by the nice dude.)

link is here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45337

lets all cross our fingers

regards,
Dam0

eventghost is working great with the xbox1 remote,now i need just the right xbmc.xml that reproduce the same commands like in the xbox1.
gui Wrote:witch version did you roll back toHuh
at moment for me only SVN 22516 is working with my xbox1 remote,anything after 22516 the remote does not work.
using IRBOX .
any solutionsHuh

I'm using the official new Philips remote (built in drivers in windows) combined with event ghost, and with the builds released in recent weeks (both the GL and DX) it does not work. I have tried rolling back to older builds and there it works. I have yet not tested enough versions to know exactly what version it stopped working for me.

EDIT:

Ok, I spoke too soon, not all XBMC specific remote functions have stopped working. Play and Pause buttons for example have no response, but Home, chapter skip etc.. do still work. Are the keys mapped differently in the recent versions, do I need to update Eventghost configs or something?
Ok now I'm completely confused xD..

It appears that with the new XBMC versions play and pause works without event ghost. Thus it got two signals in a row so I thought nothing happened. I disabled the pause and play commands in eventghost, and voila it works Tongue
if indeen xbmc appears to accept signals from a compatible mce remote. is it possible for xbmc to fully support the mce remote without any additional software?

based on the conversation so far, there could be a good possibility of such thing. which in that case, makes xbmc almost configuration free... Smile

sesam Wrote:Ok now I'm completely confused xD..

It appears that with the new XBMC versions play and pause works without event ghost. Thus it got two signals in a row so I thought nothing happened. I disabled the pause and play commands in eventghost, and voila it works Tongue
See this thread for info on where xbmc is heading with native MCE remote support
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=434153
had a similar cheap controller.
it never worked for me...

bittihuduga Wrote:can anyone here pls confirm if Window Media Center MCE PC remote works for xbmc on my xp laptop?

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Windows-M...286.c0.m14)

pls help
MCE remote (rs6 v2) with microsoft driver works excellent without any extra programs. You can remap every button on it. See my post here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61571
Has anyone gotten an MCE remote (RS6) to work on the Revo 1600 with the pre-installed WinXP Home SP3 OS? I bought a remote from NewEgg, and Windows recognizes the IR Transceiver as an eHome Transceiver, but NO version of drivers I've been able to dig up using Google has worked. I even tried the "adding product ID and whatnot to the irbus.inf" thing without success. I'm starting to think it just isn't possible.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7