• 8(current)
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides
I dont mind using other software, I do use the program in windowed mode, I just don't want anything to change the focus. I just remember event ghost looking really complicated when I tried it once, maybe its time to try it again, hehe.
PKOneTwo Wrote:What he mentioned (at least what i ment, can only speak for myself) i don't want to use any other app like IR server or eventghost or what so ever.

I have an original MS MCE Remote and works fine. But is tehre any way to use it when it is out of focus?

Like he said: "...there is some sort of IR system in windows that can control things regardless of focus"
That's what at least I am looking for!

Well, than it is just me than! :-) Anyone any idea?
yatahaze Wrote:I dont mind using other software, I do use the program in windowed mode, I just don't want anything to change the focus. I just remember event ghost looking really complicated when I tried it once, maybe its time to try it again, hehe.

Nah, its pretty simple, with a small learning curve. Just load your IR plugin, the XBMC plugin, then press a key on your remote and drag and drop the button event that shows in the log window to the specific xbmc command. Rinse and repeat. And add autorepeat for scrolling.
Jester Wrote:Added to the first post, thanks (mentioned its for RC6 MCE remotes)

I've just seen it now, Thank you! Big Grin
Little sideways but hopefully not off topic:

Have an led strip I use to backlight my tv and would like to integrate it into my remote control. Currently I have a black and decker rf remote switch that turns it on and off but I'm trying to downsize to "one remote to rule them all". I just ordered that x10 nstinct remote to try it out(will give you guys a review) , and I know its ir, and not rf...is there a way to code the remote to send an RF to turn the backlight off and on? Or possibly set it up with eventghost so that it does that? While were on that subject, is there any support for the x10 nstinct for eventghost or direct connect to xbmc?
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Just load your IR plugin, the XBMC plugin, then press a key on your remote and drag and drop the button event that shows in the log window to the specific xbmc command. Rinse and repeat.

I've just got around to attempting this, but when I do what you say the remote still controls the PC rather than *just* XBMC.

EDIT: I started a fresh profile and it seems to work now.
Hunting everywhere and finally I think I've found my answer but can someone confirm once and for-all.

Use of IRDA receiver connected to motherboard IR connector, or Laptop built-in IR receiver will not work as a receiver for remote control codes?

OK, that isn't clear enoughHuh so Try this:

I have Built an IRDA receiver that connects to motherboard IR Header. This supports "IrDA, ASKIR, or SCR transfer modes".

Also have a USB-IRDA dongle.

Please confirm that these two devices are incompatible with receiving the signal from a remote, like a MCE remote or Harmony.

In other words, I HAVE TO get any sort of Media centre remote for the dongle to work with XBMC or EventGhostConfused
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Question 
Im new to XBMC and am picking it up slowly, but surely. I have two problems that I was wondering if you guys could help me with.

1) I have setup everything in XBMC the way i want it (on my laptop). and went to plug it into the tv (via HDMI) the picture shows up, but I cant get it to fill up the screen. The picture is prety small. I tried to change the display mode on my tv (LG 42" LCD) which has a zoom function. The picture looks kinda funny. Is there a way to set it up so that it adjusts the pic size for flat screens?

2) I can't get the sound to play... I have tried every audio out function that there is on my XBMC version. (dharma running AEON65) I have a new sony 7.1 reciever comming in today I dont know if that one can handle the HDMI better? I have a super old sony 5.1 with 1 HDMI port. If I remember correctly I was able to get it running in the past. I have been trying different skins and builds, so it's hard to remember exactly which did what. Smile

If you guys cold help me I would really appreciate it.
thanx in advance,
Alex
I am using an ATI Home Theater remote. For the most part, it works fine.

However, if I am in the video settings or audio settings, I cannot leave by hitting the back button. It is annoying because I have to get up and hit the backspace key on my keyboard, which defeats the purpose of a remote control.

How would I fix this?

Edit:

Read a post by jhsrennie about using the software from this page: http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

Worked perfectly, thank you.
I missing a link to the following thread about using IR Trans and a mce remotecontroll: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38025
deleted. wrong thread. sorry.
Ok, so I have been all over the place trying to find an answer. I bought a Mediagate GP-IR02BK remote. With an E-Home transceiver. After a few days of reading I edited the .inf file to use the windows XP drivers. Now the IRBlaster is recognized and working, and when i press any button on the remote the Light on the blaster reacts. But the computer dosent recognize any commands. I have even tried a keystroke Logger. Nothing. any ideas? When I installed it asked for a driver for a 109 keyboard driver. It cant seem to find the files for that.
ok, I think I have narrowed it down to that KB driver. ehome MCIR 109 keyboard. Can anyone get those drivers from their working system it would be extreamly helpfull. It should be in an i365 folder. (I have a Preformance Edition of windows so I think it has been stripped out.)
Just wanted to let anyone know that if they have windows 7 and an original windows MCE remote, the autoinstaller from this thread is by far the easiest and most complete way to set it up I have ever used. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78179 so if you need a remote, get one of the original windows mce remotes and use that program.. it works perfect
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I report it anyway.
I'm using this remote and the nightly build 20110531-b4dd541-master. My problem was that the Play/Pause button on my remote wasn't working. After some research I found the problem: in the Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml at line 109 the action is "Play" - I changed it to "Play_Pause" and it's working now. If I recall correctly, this bug(?) wasn't in the 20110508 build, but it appeared in the 20110520 one.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR / RF Remote Controls for Windows: Links to Explanations, Tutorials, and Guides7