Automatically select the first item when navigating to new directory
Lightbulb 
Here's my humble UI suggestion: When the user navigates to a new directory, the cursor should default on the first item item in that directory, as opposed to the shortcut to the parent directory (as it is now).

This allows the user to immediately see some thumbnail/meta-data, which is more interesting to look at than the boring up arrow. It's also handy because when a user navigates to a directory, it's usually to select some media to play, or perhaps browse deeper -- this brings them one down-arrow closer. In cases where they are navigating a music setup in the "Artist/Album" structure, any artists that only have one album can be immediately accessed without any additional navigation. Furthermore, most probably select the first track of an album once they've drilled into one. Again, this can be immediately done without any extra down-arrow clicks.

Any thoughts on this suggestion? Thanks for reading!
Turning them off in Appearance->File Lists will give you what you want, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yes, you can turn off the parent button "..." like jmarshall mentioned. It's so much better Wink
Ahh cool, I'll definitely use that feature from now on.

Nonetheless, in "File List" mode I would think this would be a preferable way for navigation to operate.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically select the first item when navigating to new directory0