[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a module to configure Xbox Remote Control on XBMC for Windows
So does mine. It pops up briefly as 'USB composite device' then just as 'USB device' and won't find any drivers to install it.

Very frustrating
...I've tried various other things: wiring up the dongle directly to a USB cable, adding the device's product and vendor ID's the inf file (using usbview.exe, although they both come up as FFFF - I read this is a wildcard value)

Still no joy. Device Manager shows a Gamepad but also an unknown USB device and can't install it.

Anyone got any other suggestions before it goes in the bin?
LinarSavion Wrote:hello i am trying to get it to work with the xbox1 remote,
in auto mode only half of the buttons do what they should, exmaple: while watching video the menu button does not open the osd and the title button doesnt show the time remaining
but in event client mode everything works, but sometimes it doesnt respond for a while..

can u help me in someway?
and besides everything seems to be slow, any way to make it faster while holding buttons?

and any chance you can release the source code for this program so people can customize the controls in eventclient?

try with the file keymap includ in the post.
cwestie Wrote:...I've tried various other things: wiring up the dongle directly to a USB cable, adding the device's product and vendor ID's the inf file (using usbview.exe, although they both come up as FFFF - I read this is a wildcard value)

Still no joy. Device Manager shows a Gamepad but also an unknown USB device and can't install it.

Anyone got any other suggestions before it goes in the bin?

Use only the driver includ with the setup file.
XBCDRC v0.29 for vista32
Could someone possibly host this because the linkthat is constantly provided is very much dead,

i get a french 404 error everytime i click the link
Nicezia Wrote:Could someone possibly host this because the linkthat is constantly provided is very much dead,

i get a french 404 error everytime i click the link

IRXBOX = REMOTEXBMC
Download Here
Damn! works perfect just a couple of questions

1) what are the speed setings, because its a little slowon response forme, and everytime i change the speed setting it resets itself to 2.

2) Is it possible to use raw codes in the keymap because i use a Logitech universal remote which has about 30 extra RC codes that have proven useful in XBMC on my XBOX. Or are only the 27 origional XBOX Remote codes the only ones that can be used?
it works for me, but i have one problem, the "ok" button is way to sensitive, tried to adjust but no difference,
do you got any idea?

and how do i switch between subtitles when im wayching a movie+
Thanks MoDe,

This was really helpful in getting the remote to work. For all of you having a bit of trouble, here's what I did:

First, I'm using RedCl0uds XBOX remote driver, you can download it here:
http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd_rc.html
(I'm running XBCDRCv028 from his site on Windows XP)

If your using a different IR remote other than the xbox dvd remote, you'll probably have to use the IR driver that MoDe includes in the zip file.

-First you run XBCDRCv028.exe
-Plug in the remote dongle/usb connector, the driver should automatically be recognized as XBCD Remote
-Download IRXBOX 1.0 and install

Next, i navigated to the IRXBOX folder and found the exe, i created a shortcut for the exe and copied it to my Windows Startup Folder
(Thats located in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu\Programs\Startup). I've also got a shortcut for XBMC in that folder so it starts up automatically when the computer boots up.

If you don't have IRXBOX automatically startup when the computer boots, you'll need to either manually start the program when you want to use the remote, or use the method MoDe suggests (although I'm not exactly sure how to get that to work). When IRXBOX is running, you should notice a new icon in the bottom right of your taskbar.

The RedCl0ud driver seems to work really well - I don't notice any lag on my PC for the remote.

~Z
Hello!

Thanks for the software!
Works great!

But I have two questions.

1. Is it really possible to have the IR-dongle connected to the Xbox at the same time?

2. Am I the only one not getting the "OSD" menu while playing fullscreen video in XBMC.
When i press the "menu" button I get to the previous menu. (the directory listing)

Regards,
Daniel
*bump*
kavven Wrote:Hello!

Thanks for the software!
Works great!

But I have two questions.

1. Is it really possible to have the IR-dongle connected to the Xbox at the same time?

2. Am I the only one not getting the "OSD" menu while playing fullscreen video in XBMC.
When i press the "menu" button I get to the previous menu. (the directory listing)

Daniel

osd menu, press ok button..

i have a problem with that i can not use the port that i write in irbox conf file,
i need to have it with autocontrol, and then the okej button is to sensitive.. its sends two commands. in autocontrol it doesnt become like this, but the ok button is the only button that works..
need som help guys!

Regards,
Thanks MoDe,

This was really helpful in getting the remote to work on my Vista x32 system.

i have tried on my Vista x64 sytem, but the driver not worked.

is there any chans to get a vista x64 support for this driver
Roocket Wrote:Thanks MoDe,

This was really helpful in getting the remote to work on my Vista x32 system.

i have tried on my Vista x64 sytem, but the driver not worked.

is there any chans to get a vista x64 support for this driver

does your OK button function properly? mine are sending double commands or something like that.

do you have irbox on autocontrol or manual port settings?

regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use a module to configure Xbox Remote Control on XBMC for Windows0