XBMC "BACK" verses the "ESCAPE" button?
themugger Wrote:hi all, i am running the current SVN and the back button now goes back on everything which is great. the one problem i am having though which is a tad annoying is when i am in say TV Shows i have to either press ESC to go to the home screen in one button or press BACK Several times to get back through the library and through the filter selection and then back out to the Homescreen. Is there any way to not go back to filter selection mode before going to the home screen.

I understand i can use the ESC key to jump to the home screen but i would like to try and just use the back button in one go if possible.

I use the dinovo mini keyboard and its the easiest key to use for this.

Thanks and hope that makes sense Sad

If back returned to the homescreen when you are in say "TV Shows/Entourage/Season 5" how would you go back to the parent folder to switch to say Season 4?
LaTropa64 Wrote:If back returned to the homescreen when you are in say "TV Shows/Entourage/Season 5" how would you go back to the parent folder to switch to say Season 4?

okay im understanding more as i go on and didnt explain correctly before, i dont wont the back button to go straight to the home but back through the seasons and tv shows but skip the genres and videos parts.

For example if i was say in TV Shows/Entourage/Season 5/ i would like to go back like

TV Shows/Entourage
TV Shows
Home

at the moment it goes like

TV Shows/Entourage
TV Shows
Genres
Videos
Home

Skin i am using is Aeon btw, the reason i see this as a problem is if you go through TV shows on the home screen, skipping the Genres and Videos parts above then why do you need to go back through them on the way back to home?

thanks
The skin has to add the return parameter to it's ActivateWindow call.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Okay, thanks ill post in the relevant skin forum - btw its Horizonz the mod not Aeon
jmarshall Wrote:The skin has to add the return parameter to it's ActivateWindow call.

Is there an easy (or at least semi-easy Rolleyes) way to fix that? im using Aeon stark
I'm in the same boat as themugger and ROTM. When I enter TV shows from the home screen, I see the list of all my shows, but when I want to get back to the home screen, I have to go through genres and videos. While it's not a *huge* issue, it is pretty annoying. Especially since using AEON the genre and videos screens aren't as pretty as the home and TV show screens.

The only reason I haven't switched completely from Mediaportal is because my MCE remote works flawlessly out of the box with it. It seems with XMBC I am constantly fidgeting with the remote commands to make it more efficient, specifically the back vs escape dilemma. I love XBMC and want to use it exclusively, but I feel like I keep hitting walls at every turn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC "BACK" verses the "ESCAPE" button?2