XCD/CDXA (Mode 2 ISO 9660) doesn't work !
xcd can't play in xbmc.
i am not sure if xbmc supports xcd, so moved to "feature suggestions".
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
xbmc plays xcd. no problem
but are you sure the xbox drive recognizes your xcd disc ?

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
yes i'am sure.
when i open the dvd drives, xbmc show the media file ( .dat ). but when i launch it, it freeze.
i try to copy media file on hdd and when il launch it, it freeze again.
the movie is an ogm ( divx 5.1.1 beta2 + ogg stream ).

when the movie is in xcd format, xbmc freeze.
but when the movie is in ogm, there is no pb.

i use this tutorial for xcd http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/xcd.htm.

and there is no pb with my xbox's dvd, because i rip with the xbox, and i play it with my computer.
Sad 
(kangoo @ nov. 17 2003,09:43 Wrote:i try to copy media file on hdd and when il launch it, it freeze again.
why do you think the problem is with xbmc not reading xcd when you yourself say the same file do not work from harddrive?, it is clear to me that if the file do not work from the xbox build-in harddrive then problem is with file & not the cd media
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
code credits (xboxmediacenter uses l/gpl source code from these projects):

mplayer - one engine/core for xbmc 2.x is based on code from the mplayer for linux project
xine - one engine/core for xbmc will be based on code from the xine a free video player project
xvid project - xbmc uses the xvid codec code to decode xvid/ogg/ogm video
ffmpeg - xbmc uses the ffmpeg codec code to decode & view divx/jpg/gif/bmp, etc.
libmpeg2 - xbmc uses the libmpeg2 codec code to decode mpeg 1/2 & vob
libvorbis - xbmc uses the code from this project to decode ogg audio
libmad - xbmc uses code from this project to play mp3 audio
xiph - xbmc uses the xpih codec code to decode theora video (vp3/svq3)
matroska/матрёшка - xbmc uses matroska libs to read matroska containers/files
cximage - xbmc uses this code for it's picture slideshow slideshow & picture viewing
xbfilezilla - xbmc uses the xbfilezilla ftp server module from this project
goahead webserver xbmc uses libgoahead source code as it's build-in webserver
xcd directshow filter xbmc will use this projects code to read xcd & cdxa formated cd's

i use the same filter on my pc and it work perfectly .....
xbmc don't read xcd with ogm.
(kangoo @ nov. 17 2003,20:49 Wrote:xcd directshow filter xbmc will use this projects code to read xcd & cdxa formated cd's
it sais will, not do, as far as i know xbmc uses libcdio to read all iso9660-mode 1 and 2(xcd/cd-xa) discs.
the odds are much more likely that your xbox dvd-rom drive does not read cd-r's at all. try same in xbmp.

and again, if the exact same file do not work of xbox hdd then it will not work of a cd/dvd or network.
(gamester17 @ nov. 17 2003,14:23 Wrote:
(kangoo @ nov. 17 2003,09:43 Wrote:i try to copy media file on hdd and when il launch it, it freeze again.
why do you think the problem is with xbmc not reading xcd when you yourself say the same file do not work from harddrive?, it is clear to me that if the file do not work from the xbox build-in harddrive then problem is with file & not the cd media

edit: if you didn't know so already let me just tell you that the xbox dvd-rom drives are very tempremental and most do not read cd-r's at all (no matter of the format), so unless you have a samsung dvd-rom drive or a replacement pc dvd-rom drive in your xbox the chance it will read cd-r's is less than slim (this is btw mentioned in our faq).

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i have got a sd-616 t mod in my xbox.
my xbox's dvd-drives reads all cd-r.

when i open the cd-r in xbmc, i see the name of the movie ( movie.dat ). but when i launch it, it freeze.
when i copy the movie.dat on the xbox's hdd, xbmc freeze again.
when i copy the same movie not in xcd mode on xbox's hdd, xbmc read it ( movie.ogm ).
Sad 
please clearify, try to be as clear as possible (as you can see by questions above do don't know what exacly you are doing)

(kangoo @ nov. 18 2003,12:07 Wrote:when i copy the movie.dat on the xbox's hdd, xbmc freeze again.
here you're saying that you copy the file/movie using xbmc file manager and then it does not play of xbox harddrive?, or?

(kangoo @ nov. 18 2003,12:07 Wrote:when i copy the same movie not in xcd mode on xbox's hdd, xbmc read it ( movie.ogm ).
here you mean that if you copy the file from pc over network/ftp to xbox harddrive then it works?, or?
(gamester17 @ nov. 18 2003,14:14 Wrote:
(kangoo @ nov. 18 2003,12:07 Wrote:when i copy the same movie not in xcd mode on xbox's hdd, xbmc read it ( movie.ogm ).
here you mean that if you copy the file from pc over network/ftp to xbox harddrive then it works?, or?
looks like he converted it in this case, or why is it called *.ogm? i am confused too.  Huh
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
my hardware:

xbox v1.0, hdd 120go, dvd sd-616t

for all my test, i use the same cd-rw.

the movie is an ogm ( divx 5.1.1 beta + 1 ogg )

in first time, i burn the movie on iso9660.
there is no problem, xbmc read perfectly the movie.

in the second time, i make an xcd image with mode2 cd maker with default setting and i burn it.
xbmc open the dvd, and i can see the file but when i try to launch it, xbmc freeze.
xcd is not a standard. its something somebody invented.
the problem with xcd is that not all cd/dvd drives support it
i tried several drives myself and it only worked with my pioneer drive. so yes xcd works, but probably not with the default xbox dvd-drive

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
talked to frodo and he's 100% sure that this is a hardware issue for you and that xbmc do support xcd, he said he tried it himself (with an .ogm file). he also said he spoke to another user who had the same problem with a thompson drive so he borrowed and tried a pioneer and that could read the same cd.
thank you for answer.

i try on a xbox with a phillips dvd, and it's run .........

samsung is lame ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XCD/CDXA (Mode 2 ISO 9660) doesn't work !0