Please stop supporting 720p
[rant]Why are we supporting 720p back drops. We all know that 1080p is the future, cruise through best buy or circuit city A good chunk of the TVs are already 1080p. 2 years from now You will be hard pressed to find a 720p tv at the rate they are going now. Why go through all the work and time to create a nice back drop but that is going to be sub-par in a couple years? We are in the middle of this huge transition from 4:3 SD to true HD, 720p was a small stepping stone. 1080p will most likely be around for many many years, so lets do it right from the start. I do understand that there are a lot of 720p users right now, but 1080p back drops look fine scaled down, it does not look fine when scaled up though.[/rant]
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Because 1080p images take up 2.25x the amount of RAM and CPU to load?
Tell you what you buy and mail me a 1080p TV (no smaller than 50inch thanks) and I'll stop supporting it
I thought kind of the same thing up until I figured out that I didn't have enough money for a 1080p TV. Except I didnt want support to stop, but rather support for 1080p to be better supported. Most of the backdrop downloads are only for 720p.
i must agree with onesojourner. why must we keep supporting the past (720p) when we can get a 1080p tv. im a PROUD owner of a 46' 1080p samsung tv. i refuse anything thing else unless i absolutely have too. jezz_x and everyone else should stop being a cheap @$! buck up take back their man card from their wife or g/f and go out and buy a real mans tv! And althekiller is 1080p not worth the extra space its not like you cant go out and get more ram! men these days arent even real men! Staff sgt. Max Fightmaster would be ashamed of all men you arent on board with 108p!
Damn! Forty-six feet!!!
Ohh nothing like insulting a mod or 2 to get a thread locked
46 inches! its almost time to get off from work, i deserve a pass
We get way more people bitching about their p3 w/ gf2 not working to even consider this.
720x576 all the way Smile

oh p.s. i own a 911 Turbo not a 1080p TV Smile
So, I own a '95 Nissan Sunny - beat that!

wait...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:So, I own a '95 Nissan Sunny - beat that!

wait...

my mom owns a `94 .)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
* jmarshall waits for the "Your mom..." jokes to begin...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please stop supporting 720p0