• 6(current)
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release
please can't you make this available for us 4x3 user
Had some spare time at work, this is what I have come up with so far.
Thanks goes to jerhui for his mockup.

I just grabbed version 2.1 and noticed turning off the clock or the weather in the settings seems to have no effect.
kricker Wrote:I just grabbed version 2.1 and noticed turning off the clock or the weather in the settings seems to have no effect.

Hi,
that is weird, it works here plus I didnt touch the code on that front.
shizzle Wrote:please can't you make this available for us 4x3 user

That would take many hours of work probably. Might have a look some day.
minimalko Wrote:Hi,
that is weird, it works here plus I didnt touch the code on that front.
Hmm... I'll check again to make sure. I just need to unpack the mod and place it in the skins directory right? Before I was making a copy of mediastream and dropping the mod over top of that, but it appears your mod is completely contained, is that right?
kricker Wrote:Hmm... I'll check again to make sure. I just need to unpack the mod and place it in the skins directory right? Before I was making a copy of mediastream and dropping the mod over top of that, but it appears your mod is completely contained, is that right?

No no no, you just unpack it to its own folder, it is all standalone.
minimalko Wrote:No no no, you just unpack it to its own folder, it is all standalone.
Okay, that's how I did the new version, I just wanted to make sure.
Does anyone else have a problem with the episode stream view? My episode thumbs are not showing at all in library mode. Also in the newest version, when I go to skin settings and go to set my background folders the list starts with "weather" and bypasses all the settings for movies, tv, music etc... Anyone else have these problems?
This mod rocks Minimalko!!! It really enhances Mediastream...thanks alot for the awesome work!! Laugh

Any chance you could add the same views you have for movies to the "Programs" section of mediastream?

I ask because someone made a launcher for programs/emulators (you can find it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

BUT it would be awesome to setup games with the views you created. Currently, I can only see plain list view when I'm in programs - Coverflow doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks!!
how do i get the fanart for music (like u have on the screenshot)? Ive tried putting fan-art.jpg in the folder but nothing shows up Sad

Looks amazing!
johnny utah Wrote:This mod rocks Minimalko!!! It really enhances Mediastream...thanks alot for the awesome work!! Laugh

Any chance you could add the same views you have for movies to the "Programs" section of mediastream?

I ask because someone made a launcher for programs/emulators (you can find it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35739

BUT it would be awesome to setup games with the views you created. Currently, I can only see plain list view when I'm in programs - Coverflow doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks!!

Well I don't use programs, so it was never really a priority for me. Will look at it, but it would only work properly with game posters being of aspect ratio of movie posters.

jazzen Wrote:how do i get the fanart for music (like u have on the screenshot)? Ive tried putting fan-art.jpg in the folder but nothing shows up Sad

Looks amazing!

I don't think you can do that, what you see on the screenshot is just custom picture for music together with focused album of the same artist. I might be wrong but afaik xbmc doesnt support music fanart.sorry
minimalko Wrote:Well I don't use programs, so it was never really a priority for me. Will look at it, but it would only work properly with game posters being of aspect ratio of movie posters.

I don't think you can do that, what you see on the screenshot is just custom picture for music together with focused album of the same artist. I might be wrong but afaik xbmc doesnt support music fanart.sorry

ooh, thnx for your reply.. Would't that be a nice feature?
minimalko Wrote:Well I don't use programs, so it was never really a priority for me. Will look at it, but it would only work properly with game posters being of aspect ratio of movie posters.

Thanks! Laugh

I think the main use would be for launching emulators/roms. I know there's a lot of users right now trying out the new launcher plugin released for XBMC...and your mod would fit in perfectly by allowing the same views.

Nintendo games have long covers, but N64 games are more widescreen.
My idea would be to end up with game views similar to what you have with the Emucenter plugin for Windows Media Center. You can check out screens here:
http://thedigitallifestyle.com/cs/blogs/...0-5-0.aspx

not sure if that's possible in XBMC...but if it did would be even smoother looking than in media center I'm sure.
minimalko Wrote:Had some spare time at work, this is what I have come up with so far.
Thanks goes to jerhui for his mockup.

Wow, that looks really awesome, that´s a view I would use Smile

Some minor suggestions:

Would be cool if you could make it so the cover looks like it sits on a dvd-box, so it gets a little
more depth. Now it looks kinda flat. Might also help to put a subtle glass-like shade over the actual cover.

Maybe also make the list of movies have another two rows or something to use the space a little better.
The more rows the better overview you get, not to many though as it eats away the fanart.

Keep up the good work!
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimalko's MediaStream Mod skin release3